Elder Sign» Forums » General

Subject: Another Elder Sign Foam Core insert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Schaubert
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

Here's my attempt at a custom foam core insert for this wonderful game. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to track down the expansion as of yet, but it should all fit just the same if I remove the blocks used to help store the dice. I'll try to update this post if I'm able to make it all work as planned. FYI, all cards are sleeved using FF tarot size for all rooms, character cards, etc., and mayday small American sleeves for the item cards.

Box lid art in all its glory!

Lid removed shows the instruction manual, which fits snuggly on top, keeping contents in place.

Removing instructions shows clock insert secure with measured cutouts and the first view at the removable token tray.

Token tray removed where you can get a better look at the card trays below, as well as sorting for the larger cards and monster tokens. I plan on getting a cthulu bag to replace the clear baggy eventually.

Three card draw trays removed, and right deck lifted to show bottom dice storage. (raised blocks are not glued in to allow for expansion additions) The first 2 card trays hold the full deck for unique items, common items, allies, and spells with plenty of room to spare. The last card tray holds all of the event cards with a discard side for easy reference.

Another shot of the same thing. I now keep the token tray on bottom and card trays on top to keep the smaller pieces further in the box, in case of mishaps.

update:
I've confirmed that this does fit the base game and expansion, all sleeved just fine. You have to put the monster tokens and dice in the middle, and the master madness cards and bless/curse cards with the allies during storage. I'll try to add a picture as soon as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Marino
United States
Bellingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice! You have inspired me, sir

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Schaubert
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Glad to hear it. Post some pics once you're done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you take a commission on them. I'd like one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Schaubert
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ppayes wrote:
Will you take a commission on them. I'd like one.

I appreciate the thought. I have just began commissioning some other games with my fellow LGS customers. I hadn't really considered expanding that online honestly. The issue that comes to play is pricing things right. I don't want to overcharge to any of my fellow boardgamers, but at the same time I have to cover material, shipping, and labor cost. If I can get enough interest to cover those costs I'll definitely reach out to you.

In the meantime, I'm definitely not saying that this is a difficult process. You just need some time and a little OCD helps. I encourage anyone with the time and drive to try foam core themselves. Or if you prefer, there are some online shops already.

Example:
Insert here: http://www.searing.me/robstore
Great product, I just have trouble paying more for an insert than the games themselves in some cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would happily pay 30.00 for an insert. They make an Eldritch horror insert but no Elder Sign???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Schaubert
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ppayes wrote:
I would happily pay 30.00 for an insert. They make an Eldritch horror insert but no Elder Sign???

Nick,

If you're able to cover shipping costs as well and can wait a couple of weeks I'd be happy to work with you on getting one made. I have a few more jobs to finish up for my LGS players first before I could get to it. If you're interested shoot me a PM. We can hash out the details that way.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.