Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Ok due to unwarranted allegations of cheating, I thought it only right to give my version of events that night.

The game started late due to two things, the first being Kev's late arrival due to his complete inability to navigate his way to Tel's place despite having been there several times in the past: "I couldn't remember the house number was his lame excuse".

The second reason was Tel's compete inability to explain the rules to what he said to me was "A simple game to learn". Thirty minutes it took to explain the rules to this game and despite repeated requests for clarification from Kev, Tel (as usual) failed totally to explain the rules of the game.

Anyway, play proceeded AS EXPLAINED by TEL with people making early plays to put on production and Paul trying to monopolise the higher value cards for his first production. Andy's (i.e. my) 'sin' was to put on a play according to the RULES explained by TEL and the EXAMPLE of a production used by TEL during the pre-game RULES EXPLANATION.

Footnote: when making his first production, Andy did ask "Are you sure that this is right?" and "it doesn't make sense to me". This was required due to the garbled rules explanation by the game owner (TEL) and the gibberish being spoken by Kev at the same time (think Village people crossed with the Idiot's guide to board games and you will get the picture).

The mistake was eventually determined after most people had put on their second production and I would like to point out that my second production WAS completely legal according to the subsequent rules explanation, as were my 3rd and final productions.

What really bugs people of course, especially the game owner, is that out of all 5 players there I was the only one with a clear strategy and grasp of the tactics required to win the game. Being a professionally trained Statistician as I am, the game was rather easy to win especially against the inferior competition I had that day.

I might go on to mention other facts about the game session such as Kev's expressed preference for whipped cream and cream horns during (CENSORED) and TEL's nervous breakdown during the explanation of the rules.

I might add that TEL and PAUL are also well-known cheats in our group having played 100 games of Lost Cities incorrectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.