Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Jankowski
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally played a few rounds of this and really enjoyed it, but am confused as to what the special action card is? Is it the double sided finisher card? Or one of the style cards? Does it say 'special action' on the card? I'm skimming through all the cards but not getting it blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You bluff it, playing it before the reveal as though it's a style card. Then one of the three effects takes place (depending on the base you played with it). Then, it's either your finisher, or a pulse or a cancel (which are a great way of countering the opponents own finisher). Afterward it;s removed from the match, while the base recycles as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Jankowski
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolono wrote:
You bluff it, playing it before the reveal as though it's a style card. Then one of the three effects takes place (depending on the base you played with it). Then, it's either your finisher, or a pulse or a cancel (which are a great way of countering the opponents own finisher). Afterward it;s removed from the match, while the base recycles as normal.

when you say playing it before the reveal -- what is IT? I may be thinking too hard on this

So I lay down two cards. One is a base and one is a style. When I reveal do I take the style card back in my hand and play the finisher card instead? It just seems that from reading all the forums and the rules that there is a certain special card that gets played face down with the base card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be Special Action cards you use for that. The back is the same as a style, and the front says Special Action and is black and white. When you want to play your finisher, a pulse, or a cancel, you play the special action card in place of a style and a base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Jankowski
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK I found them .... Sorry for the confusion blushblush... I thought those cards were just reference cards .... I'm all set now ...Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.