BioShock Infinite: The Siege of Columbia» Forums » General

Subject: How is this with 4 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Deltaz
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this as an impulse buy since it was on sale. I opened the box and saw that if you play with 4 players you play on teams.

How is the team play for this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Channell
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deltas wrote:
I just got this as an impulse buy since it was on sale. I opened the box and saw that if you play with 4 players you play on teams.

Very different and a little more thinky. A lot longer gameplay as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deltas wrote:

My group plays 4-player only. Great fun.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are more strategic/tactical choices to make, but those choices are a little more game-y.

For example, depending on who becomes first player, you might suddenly have two turns (you and your teammate) before someone else's next turn, so you can think about what is possible... but it's due to turn order, so it's not a thematic choice exactly.

Similarly, both players control the airship/songbird, so suddenly in a round these things can move 4 spaces instead of 2 (by moving on both players' turns) so this opens up all kinds of strategy and options, but once again it's not exactly thematic, just by rule.

So some people will enjoy all those extra choices/options, others will be annoyed if a game is won on that type of play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Larsen
Denmark
Søborg
Danmark
flag msg tools
That's right. I've got overtext, b****!©
badge
What did I just say?
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a two-player game, with a four player option.

Really. Playing this game with four players is a very slow progress. All it really does is making you discuss what to do.

My advise; Try the four player mode at least one, but be prepared to spend 2-3 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
It takes forever, there is next to nothing for players to do while waiting for their turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.