GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,823 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

The Republic of Rome» Forums » Rules

Subject: All possible cases for Land bill proposals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillaume
Japan
Fujisawa
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I'm back to developing my app, and now handling Land bill proposals. I made a list of all possible land bill & repeals proposals, but would like to be sure I'm not missing anything. Here's what I came up with :

d10-1 Impossible if a land bill of that type (1, 2 or 3) was already proposed this turn
d10-2 Impossible if there is no more land bill marker of that type available
d10-3 A land bill level 2 (or 3) repeal is only possible if a level 2 (or 3) land bill is in place
d10-4 A land bill level 2 (or 3) repeal is impossible if no Senator has at least 2 (or 3) popularity to repeal it
d10-5 There can be no more than one land bill repeal proposal per turn

Does this look right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Horne
United States
Whitehall
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mr. Axle can do all for you.
badge
Apologize again!
mbmbmbmbmb
LocoNeko wrote:
Hi all,

I'm back to developing my app, and now handling Land bill proposals. I made a list of all possible land bill & repeals proposals, but would like to be sure I'm not missing anything. Here's what I came up with :

d10-1 Impossible if a land bill of that type (1, 2 or 3) was already proposed this turn
d10-2 Impossible if there is no more land bill marker of that type available
d10-3 A land bill level 2 (or 3) repeal is only possible if a level 2 (or 3) land bill is in place
d10-4 A land bill level 2 (or 3) repeal is impossible if no Senator has at least 2 (or 3) popularity to repeal it
d10-5 There can be no more than one land bill repeal proposal per turn

Does this look right ?

Looks right to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume
Japan
Fujisawa
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks !

Now, I have to code this, and it's going to be tricky as it has a lot of perks : sponsors, popularity loss for voting, special assassination...

Will keep the ROR online thread updated of my progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A senator has to have the popularity to sponsor AND vote for the repeal. 3 popularity for type II and 6 popularity for type 3. He MUST vote for the repeal.

The exact VG wording reads:
"The Senator who volunteers to sponsor the repeal of a Land Bill must have Popularity equal to or greater than the amount he will lose by sponsoring and voting for the repeal. The sponsor lowers his Popularity as indicated on the Land Bill Table and must vote for that repeal."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Horne
United States
Whitehall
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mr. Axle can do all for you.
badge
Apologize again!
mbmbmbmbmb
rwright wrote:
A senator has to have the popularity to sponsor AND vote for the repeal. 3 popularity for type II and 6 popularity for type 3. He MUST vote for the repeal.

"The Senator who volunteers to sponsor the repeal of a Land Bill must have Popularity equal to or greater than the amount he will lose by sponsoring and voting for the repeal. The sponsor lowers his Popularity as indicated on the Land Bill Table and must vote for that repeal."

Nice catch! Repealing a Land Bill is unusual, so this rule rarely comes up and is easy to forget. Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume
Japan
Fujisawa
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I'm so glad I asked, I would have missed that completely ! This is an interesting rule, though, because it means voting for a repeal (or against passing a Land bill) can send you in negative POP, but being the sponsor cannot, since you need enough POP to instigate the vote to begin with.

Anyway, thanks Rob !

rwright wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.