Marvin Ramirez
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loving this game so far but have a few questions.
First:
Does the permenatly closed effect apply to all players, even if they are not at the location? The card that brought this up was location House of Stolen Kisses, which read "on closing, add a random card from you discard pile to your hand"

Second:
If playing an adventure can you choose to replay a previous scenario or are you forced to move forward until adventure is complete?

Third:
When a card says to place a card into a random open location, how do you make it random when it's one card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sirbeefman wrote:
First:
Does the permenatly closed effect apply to all players, even if they are not at the location? The card that brought this up was location House of Stolen Kisses, which read "on closing, add a random card from you discard pile to your hand"

The golden rule of Pathfinder ACG is that cards do what they say and don't do what they don't say. In this case, the card says "your" discard pile and "your" hand. It does not say "all character add a random card..." The "you" in this sentence only refers to the character who closed the location.

Quote:
Second:
If playing an adventure can you choose to replay a previous scenario or are you forced to move forward until adventure is complete?

You may choose to replay previous scenarios, and you may use any boons you gain to swap out cards in your deck, but you are not allowed to gain the reward for completing the scenario more than once. For game balance purposes, I would not recommend making it a habit of replaying scenarios a lot, because it may end up making the game too easy.

Quote:
Third:
When a card says to place a card into a random open location, how do you make it random when it's one card?

Roll a die, or shuffle the location cards and choose one randomly. I usually roll a die, rolling again if I get a result that's higher than the number of cards I'm choosing between.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marvin Ramirez
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help

kittenhoarder wrote:
sirbeefman wrote:
First:

The golden rule of Pathfinder ACG is that cards do what they say and don't do what they don't say. In this case, the card says "your" discard pile and "your" hand. It does not say "all character add a random card..." The "you" in this sentence only refers to the character who closed the location.

Quote:
Second:

You may choose to replay previous scenarios, and you may use any boons you gain to swap out cards in your deck, but you are not allowed to gain the reward for completing the scenario more than once. For game balance purposes, I would not recommend making it a habit of replaying scenarios a lot, because it may end up making the game too easy.

Quote:
Third:

Roll a die, or shuffle the location cards and choose one randomly. I usually roll a die, rolling again if I get a result that's higher than the number of cards I'm choosing between.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.