Tyler Durden
Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
Brettspielblog.net
badge
Visit my blog: www.brettspielblog.net
mbmbmbmbmb
if i have no more dice i can load no cargo on waiting ships even if i have a contract?
feels very unthematic
there should always be cargo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Incao
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Buy Stronghold Games
mbmbmbmbmb
toerck wrote:
if i have no more dice i can load no cargo on waiting ships even if i have a contract?

That is correct. If you have no more dice to load, mechanically you should be concentrating of moving ships to avoid heavy docking fees at the end of the round. The heart of the games centers around using your 4 dice displacement actions each round to most efficiently earn money....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember too that your company can pay to move a die from the contracts side to the movement side, so you don't have to waste that action if you have no more cargo to load.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rogers
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
They're Young, They're in Love... They eat LARD
mbmbmbmbmb
toerck wrote:
feels very unthematic
there should always be cargo

If you require a thematic reason consider the 9 available dice as an abstraction of your company's available containers.

Beyond the reality that no company has infinite access to materials, Resources are finite for balance reasons...with unlimited containers players would potentially find themselves in a death spiral of containers migrating to the warehouse. The balance of 9 containers per player is a logistics puzzle that is challenging, but manageable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anttoni Huhtala
Finland
Espoo
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
10 PRINT "Hello!"
badge
Hello!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I thought all dices was allocated to a contract as soon as you took it. and you cannot take a contract if you have no dice to allocate to it. That why the contract has a 4$ fee for dice on the end of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.