GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,844 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Played this game a couple years ago at GENCON and just remembering about it now. I just wanted to check and see that if you are playing with less than 4 players, the game scales down accordingly, and you play only one character each.

And I would love to know your thoughts on how it plays 2 player as well!

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lock
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only difference is how many monsters can be let into the castle before you lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game scales fine for 2-4 players. If you want to play solo, you will have to play at least two characters.

As Matthew said, with fewer players, you can let more monsters into the castle, so the fewer heroes can stay away from the castle for a while and do other tasks.

(I think there is an expansion which allows for more than four players, but that requires some more fiddly rule changes regarding the time track.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
And the equipment in the beginning of the legend is divided by less chars.
And the boss monsters is scaled.
And ....

And....

And....

It scales well, depending on the legend it scales good.
Do not try this solo, except the solo legends of course.

Some prefer only one char per player, some play more per player. The game is robust enough to cope with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually think some of the Legends are easier with more players and at least one is easier with fewer players, but, overall, it does a good job of scaling with the number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
I actually think some of the Legends are easier with more players and at least one is easier with fewer players, but, overall, it does a good job of scaling with the number of players.

Yes. With two players (each playing a singular character) my girlfriend and I were beaten into submission by the second or third scenario (it has been a while). Great game though -- I like a challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As pointed out, it scales fine. You can let more monsters into the castle with fewer players, which means you don't need to kill as many and you have a little more time. I think the game in general is slightly more difficult with 2 players compared to 4. It is still beatable, my wife and I finished all 5 scenarios (and the expansion) with just the two of us. We had the best results with the Wizard and the Archer; just don't take the Dwarf for 2 players unless you like a challenge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.