Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Burns
United States
Centennial
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the beginning of the game, instead of drawing 2 cards from your faction deck, look at 4 cards, and choose 2 to keep. Shuffle the other two cards into your deck.

I know that getting only end-game VP buildings during turn 1 can be a big setback, and this variant would be easy for experienced players, and possibly even the playing field.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm usually pretty happy to see endgame VP buildings turn 1, as it gives me a good idea of what my target will be for midgame. Shrine is a possible exception, but that's about the only one. Most factions can easily filter some endgame VP buildings into Deals and keep their pick for their final engine - that's what the deal banner is for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Overton
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceLordOO wrote:
At the beginning of the game, instead of drawing 2 cards from your faction deck, look at 4 cards, and choose 2 to keep. Shuffle the other two cards into your deck.

I know that getting only end-game VP buildings during turn 1 can be a big setback, and this variant would be easy for experienced players, and possibly even the playing field.

Thoughts?

I like the idea a lot! If one prefers end game buildings early, then they are able to keep them & yet opens up more options for those that do not. We are going to try it tonight. Thanks.

Good Gaming All,
Darrell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas H
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceLordOO wrote:

Thoughts?

After about 20 games (mainly solo) i basically had the same idea, but i went a little further. For my starting hand i draw 4 cards from the common and from the faction dect and pick two of each. The other cards get discarded (mainly as a little penalty for having more choices in the first place).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.