GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,743 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization» Forums » General

Subject: Through the Ages Wiki rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo Zamalvide
Uruguay
Montevideo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: The Wiki is up and running; feel free to pay a visit and eventually edit something:
http://throughtheages.wikia.com/wiki/Through_the_Ages_Wiki

Poll
1. Would you contribute to a Through the Ages Wiki?
Yes! I would spend several hours a week writing and editing content!
Yes. It would be a nice thing to do when I have nothing else to do.
Yes, but I am a very busy person. I would probably correct a few typos or write a small stub at most.
No, thanks.
2. Would you enter a Through the Ages Wiki?
Yes! If it had enough content, I think I could lose myself for hours there!
Yes! It is very nice to have a quick and reliable tool to find specific information.
Maybe. Forums exist for a reason. Depends of the quality of the product.
I don't think so.
      71 answers
Poll created by Leon Trotsky

To quote a fellow fan:

Maximnicov wrote:
I think having a Wiki would be a good idea if done in the right way, somewhat in the same vein as the Dominion wiki for example.

http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Main_Page

The site has a page for each expansion, for each card and detailing notable pairings and conflicts. Besides rules and strategies, the wiki offer insights from Donald X. Vaccarino during development on individual cards and mechanics. It's a nice mix of rules clarifications with trivia. More than a simple FAQ.

That said, I think it could work in the case of TtA. There certainly is not as much cards as in Dominion, so not as much rules clarification to be done, but it's not to say it's unwarranted. Each leader and wonder page could come with a brief historical explanation, who or what they were and how they affected history.

It's up to you to know if it's something you could reasonably make.

I want to get this done. I might try to do it all by myself, but it would surely prove to be a cyclopean task. So I ask the community, is there anybody out there who may have some interest in such a project?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you mean a Herculean task?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Herculean is more usual, but cyclopean means much the same. In Greece there are several ruined cities with 'Cyclopean walls' meaning walls that only giants could perform the labour to build.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Zamalvide
Uruguay
Montevideo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When shouldI close this poll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Zamalvide
Uruguay
Montevideo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the contribution poll:
I think having five in the first group, ten in the second and twenty in the third would be a good start, what do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Zamalvide
Uruguay
Montevideo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
http://throughtheages.wikia.com/wiki/Through_the_Ages_Wiki

It will take months to be something worthwhile... but we aren't in a rush, are we?

I started adding the categories. Feel free to add any card and put the associated tags to it. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Zamalvide
Uruguay
Montevideo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry, but this is the first wiki I make from scratch, so I will come up with some stupid questions. I made Caesar an Age I leader (d'oh), how do I delete his category? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Zamalvide
Uruguay
Montevideo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we have the skeleton for the leaders up and running. If anyone can delete the wrong categories, that would be great. Suffice it to say, anyone interested in writing anything, is more than welcome.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Zamalvide
Uruguay
Montevideo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the basis for the wonders is complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.