Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Toby Yasutake
United States
Bridgeport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing the single player example when i came across something I don't understand.

In the player's second turn, he decides to get rid of the infiltrators in Kabul,so he does a sweep. He uses the troops in Kabul, and then he sweeps into Zabol, taking those same troops with him.

I was under the impression that you couldn't use the same guys more than once in a single turn. Is this an error in the playbook, or am I playing this wrong?

I can't find anything in the rules about strict order of execution of operations, but if you could use the same guys over and over again in the same turn, then the Coalition could run around flipping all the insurgents over and over again with the same troops. And the Taliban could march over and over again with the same troops as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reread 3.3 it says "PROCEDURE: First move any of your faction's adjacent troops into selected spaces...Then in each selected space, Activate 1 Guerilla..."

First move, then activate. Not activate, move, and activate again as chummy was doing. shake

Philip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't gone through the example of play carefully, but it does seem as if the playbook is in error in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Toby,

The only way you could use the same COIN forces twice for Sweep/Assault is to do a Sweep/Assault in 1 space, then do Air Lift from that space to a 2nd space, then conduct another Sweep/Assault with the Air Lifted COIN forces (plus any other relevant COIN forces in the 2nd space) in that 2nd space. Check the Playbook example to make sure that some of the Sweep-in-place forces in Kabul remain behind and that the only forces moving from Kabul (via the LoC) those that have yet to conduct a Sweep Op. If not, then there is definitely an error in that Playbook example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.