Marek Cz
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far we have:
8 Attack dices (6 core + 2 as stretch)
8 Defense dices (3 core + 3 as stretch + 2 from guild dice stretch)
1 special guild dice per guild (stretch)

If I would like to have 8 special guild dices per guild I would have to buy 7 special guild dice packs = 70$ (never ever !! this is a cost of a separate well produced game). And I will get 14 extra defense dices :/:/:/

Why do we have those 2 defense dices in a special guild dice set ????? We have 8 defense dices on the table already - that is enough.

Instead of going with 4 different colors + 2 defense dices they should just offer us 6 special guild dices but single colored (one of the guilds color). In such a case I would buy 4 sets - each with a different color. So I would pay $40 and receive 6 special guild dices per guild. Totally I would have 7 special guild dices. I think that is something one may consider worthy.

From my perspective it looks like someone didn't spent to much time constructing that guild dice optional buy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See, I fall on the other side of the fence. I think they put a lot of thought into exactly what they offered as add-ons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob H
United States
California
flag msg tools
Dreamshadow wrote:
See, I fall on the other side of the fence. I think they put a lot of thought into exactly what they offered as add-ons.

Hey Dreamshadow. Familiar "faces" all over BGG lately. I sent you a PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Cz
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamshadow wrote:

I'm not complaining about ALL add-ons available but only about that particular one.
So maybe if you find it well thought then you might explain what is the point of putting 2 defense dices into special GUILD dices add-on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have to cost more than $10 then as the "Extra Dice" addon is also just 6 dice for $10, both a bit on the pricey side for what you get. People who are going to opt for additional Guild Dice are going to do it in hope to replace most/all of the need for the regular looking attack dice.

It would have been ideal if there was a way to opt out of the extra attack dice that came with the stretch goal, and have a $20 addon that included 3 of each colored die for 4 total with the stretch goal.

But... what are you going to do at this point? The thing is shipping in a week, hah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Cz
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
But... what are you going to do at this point? The thing is shipping in a week, hah.

Maybe one day the special guild dice set will find its way to retailers. That is why I'm suggesting politely to construct some other guild dices set than the current one. It may save you some cash if you decide to buy them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokes
United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect they will be available at retail for around 6.99 USD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Biomage wrote:
I suspect they will be available at retail for around 6.99 USD.

Miniature Market has them for preorder right now for $5.59 regular price $6.99. It doesn't have a picture or a description so I can't guarantee that it is the one of each color and two defense dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Cz
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$5.59 at Miniature Market is a good news ! Although if the special guild dice set would look differently (no defense dices there) we would make nice savings
At least the retail price is not so steep... but now I just wonder why game backers must pay almost twice more through kickstarter :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myszaq36 wrote:
At least the retail price is not so steep... but now I just wonder why game backers must pay almost twice more through kickstarter :/

Hm, wow yeah that's kind of messed up. Even the msrp is less that the kickstarter. That must be just yet 4 dice without the defense dice. Basically what you were asking for.

I think I'm going to see if I can change my order one last time in light of this, I don't need all the guild dice for so many defense dice. Especially if I can pick up guild dice for almost half the cost in retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.