Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Hsu

New York City
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

I just got PR, and although I played it a few times, I never got all the rules right. My understanding is:

1. Pipeline looks something like this: plantations + colonists -> goods, goods -> doubloons or VP. doubloons -> buildings
2. Goods are only more/less valuable in the Trader phase
3. Colonists can only be obtained with the Mayor action
4. Doubloons can be obtained from Prospecting, unused role cards, or Trading
5. Victory Points can only be obtained from Captaining, buildings, or big buildings

Is all of that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds pretty good. The one thing I'd add is that, except for corn, goods also require a production building (with colonists) in addition to the plantation (with colonists).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Hello

I just got PR, and although I played it a few times, I never got all the rules right. My understanding is:

1. Pipeline looks something like this: plantations + colonists -> goods, goods -> doubloons or VP. doubloons -> buildings

Yes, although plantations + buildings (for anything but corn) + colonists --> goods

True dat

Or hospice or university

Yep; and don't forget to save with quarries

5. Victory Points can only be obtained from Captaining, buildings, or big buildings

Yep, although I would say from shipping rather than from captaining (also don't forget the points printed on all of the buildings that count at the end)

Is all of that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Colonized plantations + colonized production buildings (except for corn) = goods production via craftsman

You got the rest right. Goods are shipped for points or sold for money, which is then used to buy buildings.

Correct. Shipped goods are worth 1 VP each regardless of type.

Correct.

Also, the factory.

Think so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hsu

New York City
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
casualgod wrote:

Correct.

Most of the time, yes. Technically, there's also the Hospice and the University, though these are weak buildings, usually...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
meepleraptor wrote:
Hello

[c]

You also need colonists to activate buildings.

Quote:

They are worth differing number of doubloons in the traders phase. They are worth 1 VP each when they are shipped in the Captain phase.

Quote:

False: They are obtained with the Hospice and University during the settling and Building phases as well.

Quote:

False: With the Factory, you obtain doubloons during the Craftsman phase.

Quote:

VP chips are only obtained via the Captain. Buildings are worth a fixed number of VP and the large buildings are worth 4 plus a variable number of VP (if they are manned).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.