Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Spence
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm starting my design for a box organizer that will fit into all of the Cryptozoic deck-building games and wanted to find out if anyone had a set of wishlist items for this.

Currently I just have the base set and it looks like I only need to make room for the larger hero cards and then as much storage as possible for the standard-sized cards with adjustable dividers for separating out the different card types.

Does this sound about right?

How many over-sized hero cards should I leave space for?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment, from 2 sets, 1 expansion and the promos, I think it's 30. But more to come!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Spence
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just completed my first stab at a design. I'll post pics of the prototype tomorrow night.

Basically I have 3 equal-sized rows that will hold sleeved cards horizontally. Then we have a nifty "ramp" that slides into one of the divider slots that will hold the hero cards at an angle. You can position the ramp further back from the front of the box to make more room for hero cards. The movable ramp also allows you to decide which row you want to put the hero cards in. Putting it in the center row will probably help distribute the weight more evenly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Fox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
At the moment, from 2 sets, 1 expansion and the promos, I think it's 30. But more to come!

Thinking ahead, with Forever Evil and Crisis Pack 2 already known, it should probably be 3 sets and 2 expansions. And maybe space for the Batman/Joker Rivals set.

Assuming that Rivals has two over-size cards, space for 54 oversize cards would be needed. eight base game, eight HU, fourteen Crisis 1, eight FE, fourteen Crisis 2 and two Rivals BvJ. And the space for the oversize cards should probably be large enough to fit the Upper Deck submission grade sleeves until better sleeves come along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rivals only comes with two oversized heroes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Spence
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a pic of the prototype. The ramp that the oversized cards are leaning against can be moved back to make as little or as much space as you want. Its angled enough to support the rigid ultra-pro card protectors.

Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ice Man
United States
Oak Park
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That looks pretty snazzy.

I currently store my game in a ccg deck box (one of the 300-count short boxes), but a single expansion will no longer fit. So I was hoping for something like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Fox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it.

It would be nice if the box supported pre-dealt hands. In my sets, I pre-deal five 10-card hands of seven punches and three vulnerabilities so when I pull out the game it is ready to start in under a minute. I find it easier to set up the game after a game is over because once everyone is ready to clean up so they can either play another round or move on to another game. It also gets the game started fast, before A.D.D. can set in for anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Spence
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could probably still do this by cutting some paper dividers and then putting all 5 of your 10-card hands into the same organizer section with the paper dividers between them.

This will most likely come with 6 dividers as shown, but we normally sell extra sheets of dividers as well.

Also, I probably should have shown the ramp that's on the left, in the center. I think its a better layout to put it in the middle row and have cards on the outer two rows. It's adjustable though, so it can be moved around.

I've also made the thumb-holes larger and deeper than pictured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lawrence kniffin
United States
parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mr. Spence how soon till I can order one of these for my DC deckbuilder?

thanks
frog
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Earl Oliveros
Canada
flag msg tools
gspence wrote:
You could probably still do this by cutting some paper dividers and then putting all 5 of your 10-card hands into the same organizer section with the paper dividers between them.

This will most likely come with 6 dividers as shown, but we normally sell extra sheets of dividers as well.

Also, I probably should have shown the ramp that's on the left, in the center. I think its a better layout to put it in the middle row and have cards on the outer two rows. It's adjustable though, so it can be moved around.

I've also made the thumb-holes larger and deeper than pictured.

Definitely better to have the oversized cards in the middle row. The regular cards are plentiful and quite heavy so the box would feel uneven if they they were stacked to one side, that's how my makeshift box feels right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Spence
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poisonfrog wrote:
Hey Mr. Spence how soon till I can order one of these for my DC deckbuilder?

thanks
frog

Soon, very soon!

Hopefully by next weekend they will be up. I have to get Caverna up this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilberto Rdz
Mexico
flag msg tools
Hi Mr. Spence

Do you have available this organizer for DC Deck Building now? I want to order it as soon as possible.

Please advise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Spence
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sinsofyouth wrote:
Hi Mr. Spence

Do you have available this organizer for DC Deck Building now? I want to order it as soon as possible.

Please advise

Unfortunately not yet. It is ready to go, but we just released our Caverna insert and are a little behind on production at the moment. We should get caught up this week and I am hoping to release it this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Fage
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first attempt at foamcore inserts. The box contains all the DC expansions with room for more. I use the red ribbons to allow for a pretty tight fit for the cards and still be able to get them out.

The top insert is meant to be removed and used during game play.

The Hero and Punch cards are at their max height in the top section. One thing I would have done different, I would shave .5 cm from the bottom and add it to the top piece. I may cut a recessed section into the bottom to allow for additional Hero cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Spence
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to let you guys know that our organizer for Cryptozoic deck-building games is now available. Respecting the community rules I don't want to post any links but I wanted to say thank you for all the feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.