Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is exausting a priority rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seb Jean
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi everyone,

Last game i played, someone played Disowned on me. I didn't have any money but I was sure I could just exhaust one of my slave to get the missing gold and counter the scheme but we couldn't agree on the feasibility of this move.

Is the action of exhausting instant or not? Do actions have priorities? We couldn't find it in the rulebook.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Albo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would say its a reaction card and only Jupiters C**k can counter a reaction card.

And i would say you can only play in your turn the special attribute of your slaves or gladiators.

I hope that helps you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
I presume you are talking about "Destitute!", which in that case I support Jimmy's interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin N
Canada
Victoria
British columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mighty_yggdrasil wrote:
Hi everyone,

Last game i played, someone played Disowned on me. I didn't have any money but I was sure I could just exhaust one of my slave to get the missing gold and counter the scheme but we couldn't agree on the feasibility of this move.

Is the action of exhausting instant or not? Do actions have priorities? We couldn't find it in the rulebook.

Thanks!

Jimmy is correct in his interpretation.

Any of your slaves / gladiators that have "exhaust to gain x" abilities must be used on your turn, much like house abilities.

the reaction card when it's played you must resolve it, so you cannot go to a different card to gain back the resource you're missing, while the reaction waits... if that were the case, i'd just wait till the auction phase is done so i can buy a gladiator, then resolve "A Shameful Ludus"

so to sum up: if you have no coins and someone plays destitute on you you lose a point. Then, if it's currently your turn, you can use your slaves / gladiators to attempt to gain some money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.