Subject: Will it fit Dominion cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paweł Stelmach
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmb
I play Smash up but I also have a problem with storing all my Dominion cards neatly and I'm looking for an easy solution that wouldn't be costly.
I was wondering whether not to buy two copies of Geeky Box to store the Smash Up cards and at least some of my Dominion cards (I don't know if all the expansions would fit).

Do you (especially those who own a copy and can perform a test with real cards) think that the insert dimensions are ok for Dominion cards standing upwards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see many ways for you to test this yourself.
- Compare dimensions of dominion cards vs smash up cards. If the cards are the same dimensions, or dominion cards are smaller, it will work.
- Buy one big geeky box, test it with your dominion cards. If it doesn't work, use it for smash up and if it does work, buy a second.

I'm just to lazy to do the test for you. And I don't want you to get angry at me if I were to give you bad advise. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion cards are smaller. So they will fit but loosely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sulin
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't they make generic card boxes for CCGs that are cheaper then 20 bucks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Stelmach
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmb
nilus wrote:
Don't they make generic card boxes for CCGs that are cheaper then 20 bucks?

I don't know - haven't seen one that would fit my needs (be as big). My experience with CCGs is that I store complete decks in smaller deckboxes and the rest in a binder to easily select individual cards. Dominion is different because you store cards in packs of ten.

Anyway, if you know another cheap and sensible solution and where to get it, post it, don't let my lack of knowledge stop you If such exists, I haven't seen it in any store in my country and still geeky box is the closest one.

By the way, thank you all for your responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I typed card storage boxes into google this is what came up. I don't know about poland but I would think stuff would be on the german ebay for the same or reasonable costs? Also the Hobby Lobby artist box worked great for me and I am no carpenter. Again I don't know availability overseas. All you'll need for that box is some wood and glue to make rows depending on how you like your cards stored.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&e...

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/wooden-artist-case-12500...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Stelmach
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmb
Chrisxny wrote:
I typed card storage boxes into google this is what came up. I don't know about poland but I would think stuff would be on the greman ebay for the same or reasonable costs? Also the Hobby Lobby artist box worked great for me and I am no carpenter. Again I don't know availability overseas. All you'll need for that box is some wood and glue to make rows depending on how you like your cards stored.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&e...

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/wooden-artist-case-12500...

Thanks for the tip - such boxes would be fine. I have checked them on ebay (both uk and de) and their costs are ok but delivery is crushingly big (about $40-$50 for a box that costs around $10). For now I'll stay with with the Geeky box and keep an eye for such soulutions in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
If you keep your mouse over long enough - the goblins will steal your underwear!
badge
Still in underwear? Keep that mouse pointer in place...
mbmbmbmbmb
quit and nuts wrote:
I see many ways for you to test this yourself.
- Compare dimensions of dominion cards vs smash up cards. If the cards are the same dimensions, or dominion cards are smaller, it will work.
- Buy one big geeky box, test it with your dominion cards. If it doesn't work, use it for smash up and if it does work, buy a second.

I'm just to lazy to do the test for you. And I don't want you to get angry at me if I were to give you bad advise. whistle

Dominion Cards are narrower but longer. So, nominally, they are larger and might not fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
If you keep your mouse over long enough - the goblins will steal your underwear!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also interested in this.
Can someone who owes Dominion and Geeky box perform the test, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My penny sleeved cards fit fine vertically. Not sure how many sets would fit exactly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Chris!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I fit the Original plus three Expansions, three rows, vertically, sleeved.
Really love the Geek Box! But the thing weighs a ton now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.