Hide
15 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: When do the big guys come out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Man
msg tools
The bad warmachine, Vader, Luke, etc.,any hints when they make a dramatic appearance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmb
They're included in the base box.

As a bonus, the Imperial Assault Core Set includes both the Luke Skywalker Ally Pack and the Darth Vader Villain Pack. Both of these packs include a sculpted plastic figure to replace the token found in the Imperial Assault Core Set. In addition to the detailed plastic figure, each figure pack includes two skirmish missions using the same map and a campaign side mission highlighting the character included in the pack. You may gather new recruits for the Rebel Alliance or hunt down Luke Skywalker with Darth Vader using the missions included in these figure packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he means under what conditions will they appear in-game, in scenario's etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Inner West Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SammySnijbonen wrote:
I think he means under what conditions will they appear in-game, in scenario's etc.

Possibly but then the title should read 'How' rather than 'When'...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
I thought "when " was OK. What are the conditions for the heavyweights to make an appearnace?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
I thought "when " was OK.

When is a bit ambiguous since it can easily mean one of two things. How is a little bit more specific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Reichenau
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During the demo video from Team Covenant the FFG guy says that all sorts of things can trigger the imperial player to read out the "boxed text". I think he says that Darth Vader could jump out of a closet at any time!

I'm curious how the good guys will be handled. I've played a few Descent scenarios where there were NPCs but I don't think they did much. Maybe the group will collectively control Han Solo or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jllama wrote:
I'm curious how the good guys will be handled. I've played a few Descent scenarios where there were NPCs but I don't think they did much. Maybe the group will collectively control Han Solo or something?

Yeah. And I'll be they'll be objectives, too. Like, you have to make sure they survive or you fail the campaign. (Like keeping Chewbacca alive in the Mos Eisley mission in Jedi Kinght: Jedi Academy.)

As far as what triggers Vader and friends, well, if we knew that, then the Imperial player wouldn't have secret information anymore, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the title, I thought this thread was about Rancors and AT-ATs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Lawrence
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At one point in the Team Covenant vid the FFG host mentions points values for various Imperial models. 4pts for Probe Droid up to 18pts for Vader. Which are then spent at the start of the turn to call in reinforcements.

I envisged Vader could turn up if the Imperial player amassed enough points to pay for him.
At one point a turn seems like this woudn't happen often, unless Imperial player is rewarded with points other ways. ie for kocking out the Rebels, specific campaign conditions etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Team Covenant demo video

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The imperial player starts collecting 3 threat per round after round 5. So 18 could happen if the heroes take their time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Martinez
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="jllama"]During the demo video from Team Covenant the FFG guy says that all sorts of things can trigger the imperial player to read out the "boxed text". I think he says that Darth Vader could jump out of a closet at any time!

I am shocked that Darth Vader has been in the closet all of this time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Lapointe
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
The bad warmachine...

c'mon... you're on sites like these and you don't know the name or cannot be bothered to look it up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elmaskador75 wrote:
[q="jllama"]During the demo video from Team Covenant the FFG guy says that all sorts of things can trigger the imperial player to read out the "boxed text". I think he says that Darth Vader could jump out of a closet at any time!

Oh come on! Look at him!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Elmaskador75 wrote:

Its where he plays with his Lonestar dolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.