Popular Tags: [View All]
Val Doonican
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for a new game which will fill me need for adventure. I have tried the D&D Adventure games but found them too simple, despite being playable solo - which is a boon to me. I quite like Zombicide, as the miniatures are cool and I like miniature games. Last week I bought Earth Reborn, but this was way to fiddly, and there was no real way to play this solo.

So, at the moment I am think Descent 2.0 which has solo variants. I was also thinking Battlelore 2.0, but I do already have Memoir.

Are there any other great adventure games, miniatures are a bonus as I like theme in my games.

My top rated games are Mage Knight, Robinson Crusoe, Thunderbolt Apache Leader, Arkham Horror, Eldritch Horror and Battlestar Galactica.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Worthington
msg tools
try victory point games, "Darkest Night".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1100/1360
United States
Muncy
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
...the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.
mb
Mice and Mystics has a lot of those features, plus it's been very successful, so they keep coming out with more things to do. Some of which is downloadable PNP content for $1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Howell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game has adventure in the name! You build a party of characters and play them through a campaign. I've had this for a year and am still hooked, although the "subscription" model where the adventure is released as a series of expansions gets a bit expensive. A new adventure has just been released with a pirate theme.

Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin (or anything in the Thunderstone Advance family) is a deck-building dungeon bash with a solo variant (also a co-op variant, but you need a particular expansion for that).

Moving outside the fantasy theme, Gears of War: The Board Game is an excellent sci-fi dungeon bash with miniatures from the designer and publisher of Eldritch Horror and Battlestar Galactica.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Doonican
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for those suggestions. I have played through Pathfinder and am looking forward to the new base game when it arrives in the UK. I have and love Gears of War, and thanks for Thunderstone, but it fell flat for me when compared to other deck builders.

Mice & Mystics I quite like the look of, but not sold as it looks pricey in the UK, and the theme does not appeal, and a very good friend has Darkest Night which I will borrow at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Hohberger
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you thought about Mage Knight Board Game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Doonican
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ratatoskr72 wrote:
Quite a bit as its my favourite game! Thanks.

I just saw Forgotten Souls kit to make an adventure for solo Descent - looks interesting. And then there is RedJak and Nerdooks solo rules. Think I may leaning towards Descent...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ValDoonican wrote:
Mice & Mystics I quite like the look of, but not sold as it looks pricey in the UK, and the theme does not appeal, and a very good friend has Darkest Night which I will borrow at some point.

You list a lot of heavy games as your favorites so I would question if M&M would be a good pick due to how light it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Champion

Greencastle
Indiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HeroQuest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Arkham Horror, Eldritch Horror

If you like Launius games like Arkham, check out his recent Alien Uprising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Doonican
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I agree M&M looks a bit light.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Doonican
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooo! New one on me - thanks for that will look into it. Is it out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Hohberger
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur
mbmbmbmbmb
ValDoonican wrote:
Ratatoskr72 wrote:
Quite a bit as its my favourite game! Thanks.

Oops...you mentioned it in the opening post. Sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ValDoonican wrote:
My top rated games are Mage Knight, Robinson Crusoe, Thunderbolt Apache Leader, Arkham Horror, Eldritch Horror and Battlestar Galactica.

By the gods, you have awesome taste in games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.