Popular Tags: [View All]
William A
United States
Mount Clare
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Let's Go Pens!
badge
When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It’s when… they are forgotten.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a deal through CoolStuff Inc.

Board Game Link: Jungle Speed Safari
Regular Price: $24.99
Sale Price: $8.99
Savings: $16.00

Sale Link: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/190898
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't play this game if they paid me $8.99.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William A
United States
Mount Clare
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Let's Go Pens!
badge
When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It’s when… they are forgotten.
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
I wouldn't play this game if they paid me $8.99.

Is it that bad of a game? I haven't played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acreman wrote:

I think so. It's just a dexterity game, and to make it worst, one in which physical contact between the players occurs as they reach for the totem at the same time. People accidentally injure each other, the totem sometimes goes flying, causing a hazard to drinks or snacks (which should be nowhere near this game).

It's the only game I've actually banned from my house, where I host a weekly Game Night.

Edit: having said that, those comments apply to Jungle Speed, the original game. This one is different, but you still appear to race to grab the totem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick B
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:

I think so. It's just a dexterity game, and to make it worst, one in which physical contact between the players occurs as they reach for the totem at the same time. People accidentally injure each other, the totem sometimes goes flying, causing a hazard to drinks or snacks (which should be nowhere near this game).

This is why Jungle Speed is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My girls love this game, ages 7 and 10. They can teach it and play it with their friends almost every time they come over. We also play it as a family and it is always fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
acreman wrote:

It's the only game I've actually banned from my house, where I host a weekly Game Night.

Edit: having said that, those comments apply to Jungle Speed, the original game. This one is different, but you still appear to race to grab the totem.

Someone's missing the point ...

Also, JS is mostly a pattern recognition/matching game, dexterity is only a minor, albeit the most notable, part of the actual gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:
cheng wrote:
acreman wrote:

Someone's missing the point ...

Also, JS is mostly a pattern recognition/matching game, dexterity is only a minor, albeit the most notable, part of the actual gameplay.

It's possible that I understand the game and just don't like it, you know. I also detest Cards Against Humanity, but I understand that some people like it. JS is just not the type of game I want to play, and the accidents that I've seen involving the totem are what led me to ban it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.