Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Will D&D Attack Wing Maneuver Templates be compatible with STAW? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed, as others have already pointed out, two things:

(1)The D&D Attack Wing Semi-Transparent, etched, plastic templates are due out on October first (see here), and

(2)Photos from GenCon clearly show a Star Trek Attack Wing (WizKids) branded set of maneuver templates - suggesting that these are in the works as well.

I've not found any official word concerning the STAW templates, but I wonder if one could simply buy the D&D ones when they come out?

Thoughts?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume they're the same set of templates. Unless they are intentionally different so they can sell you both sets of plastic templates instead of just one set. cool
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea is that the two systems are cross compatible. That means you can use the Trek and D&D maneuver templates and bases cross compatibly.

This also means that I plan on probably picking up some of the yellow D&D bases for my independent ships and the Black D&D templates for either Borg or having more flagship bases.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SeijiTataki wrote:
The idea is that the two systems are cross compatible. That means you can use the Trek and D&D maneuver templates and bases cross compatibly.

This also means that I plan on probably picking up some of the yellow D&D bases for my independent ships and the Black D&D templates for either Borg or having more flagship bases.


If this is so, I'd probably just get a set of black templates. That'd be swell.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I know for sure the range template will not be compatible as there is a range 4 in D&D AW, although I think the overall length of the ruler is still the same. I didn't really do a comparison of templates when looking at the D&D demo at GenCon, but they looked relatively the same.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no reason you can't use the template if it simply goes up to Range 4. As long as the sections are close enough (there's always going to be some variance when you compare the cardboard punch outs due to some minor manufacturing issues) to being the same, it shouldn't matter as long as all players use the same range template for all checking.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SeijiTataki wrote:
There's no reason you can't use the template if it simply goes up to Range 4. As long as the sections are close enough (there's always going to be some variance when you compare the cardboard punch outs due to some minor manufacturing issues) to being the same, it shouldn't matter as long as all players use the same range template for all checking.


No, like I said, if I remember right, the overall length of the ruler is the same, so instead of ~4" for each range, it's only ~3" for each range. That's a big different, and would change things significantly for STAW.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The more important question is whether we will be able to pit giant space dragons against spaceships. Seems like something that would happen in a ToS episode.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PanicAtTheSisko wrote:
The more important question is whether we will be able to pit giant space dragons against spaceships. Seems like something that would happen in a ToS episode.


Perhaps that was in the plan for season 4. Alas, we will never know.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall a dragon against a ship in Babylon 5 Crusades
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yourmonkey06 wrote:
PanicAtTheSisko wrote:
The more important question is whether we will be able to pit giant space dragons against spaceships. Seems like something that would happen in a ToS episode.


Perhaps that was in the plan for season 4. Alas, we will never know.


Is the Animated Series relevant as a "season 4"? It had Enterprise vs. Dragon. whistle

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.