GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,950 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Imperial Settlers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does the solo player get 1 wood when his location is razed by the rival? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume so, but it's not mentioned in the solo rules.

Another question: When you raze the Watchtower to get 2 cards, can you look at the first card before deciding whether to draw your second from the faction or common deck? Or do you have to declare which stack(s) you're going to draw from at the outset?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek Obszanski
Poland
flag msg tools
Black!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wretched Git wrote:
Does the solo player get 1 wood when his location is razed by the rival?

Really ? wow

About cards, you can look at the first card then decide from which deck you want draw another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Chiappa
United States
lincoln park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Imo player don't get a wood in a solo player but you are right it's not clear.

When you have to draw more then 1 cards no matter how you can look the at 1st one and decide for the 2nd.

but that's my understanding...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that no wood is provided when a location is razed by the rival.

The rules state that this location is not turned into a foundation, and the wood gain is described in the rules as a part of the foundation creation process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
why wouldn't you get wood? another player razed your location... i play that you do.

also, i play blind draw on the cards if it's the same action , ie.raze for 2 is a blind draw on 2 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Spaulding
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules:

"The Virtual player does not receive any Goods nor is the Location turned into a Foundation. Instead, the raised Location is placed on the virtual player's Collection pile."

Seems to me you don't receive the wood. Gaining the wood is covered under the section called, "Turning A Location Into A Foundation," which, as the rule referenced above clearly states, doesn't happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
so what do you do in the case of Japanese locations? If you raze an opponent's Japanese Faction card (which then gets discarded), do they not get a wood for that? It's not turned into a foundation. Just a thought... i've been playing that you get the 1 wood anytime you opponent razes your card (whether it turns into a foundation or not)...

the more i read through the rules though, the more i question whether this is correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mauigreen wrote:
so what do you do in the case of Japanese locations? If you raze an opponent's Japanese Faction card (which then gets discarded), do they not get a wood for that? It's not turned into a foundation. Just a thought... i've been playing that you get the 1 wood anytime you opponent razes your card (whether it turns into a foundation or not)...

Another good question! Wish we could get some "official" word on these...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Nicholson
United States
Leo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wretched Git wrote:
mauigreen wrote:

Its not turned into a foundation, which means you do not get the wood. It seems pretty straight forward. At the bottom of page 9 in the box "Turning a location into a foundation". This rule only applies if you are doing so...and if the card is discarded it is not becoming a foundation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blnichol wrote:
Wretched Git wrote:
mauigreen wrote:

Its not turned into a foundation, which means you do not get the wood. It seems pretty straight forward. At the bottom of page 9 in the box "Turning a location into a foundation". This rule only applies if you are doing so...and if the card is discarded it is not becoming a foundation.

Ok... so then does that mean the Japanese don't get the wood when their faction cards get razed...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, their card is discarded and they get nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Bickman wrote:
From the rules:

"The Virtual player does not receive any Goods nor is the Location turned into a Foundation. Instead, the raised Location is placed on the virtual player's Collection pile."

That refers to you razing the virtual player aka dummy, meaning your "opponent" in solo play. It says nothing about him attacking you, which was the OP question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Spaulding
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myyysha wrote:
Mr_Bickman wrote:
From the rules:

That refers to you razing the virtual player aka dummy, meaning your "opponent" in solo play. It says nothing about him attacking you, which was the OP question.

Read my whole post (or just look at the rulebook.) The point is, turning a razed location into a foundation is separate from razing a location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.