GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,203 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Bruges» Forums » General

Subject: Bruges on Brettspielwelt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to try out this game, but I have never been able to get it to load on Brettspielwelt. Just get a blank screen, but others are playing there. Does anyone play this there and know what I might be able to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Martin
Canada
Mississauga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep having the same problem and this is the only game that this happens to me on BSw. I'd love to hear the solution to this one as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have been having the same problem too.

Someone mentioned to me that it may be because of language, as Bruges is only supported in German.

I have changed language using the command /language de, and it seems to have worked - haven't played a game yet, but can now see the game board which I couldn't do before.

If playing in German is going to be a problem (it certainly will be for me!) this looks like a helpful resource:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/89863/brugge-english-trans...

Hope that helps!

Nashman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Chris - I had thought it might be a language issue and can't read German either. I know Kingdom Builder started German only but you could still pull up. Maybe one of these days they will get English version up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Shadrix
United States
Colbert
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you explain how you change the language?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Chen
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still having the same problem so obviously it's not fixed yet..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expect there is a ton of text to translate to English. Not sure if doing that is even in the works. Would be great. Not a lot of new games on my favorite online sites, so would love to get another meatier game to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniele Folatelli
Argentina
flag msg tools
Hi!!

I couldn't see the board as well.

What I did is set the language to german first, by typing /language de on the command line.

I do not know a word of german!

Then i used the initiate game button to start the game. It's in germano now, so you must remember where that button is!

And voila! There's the board. You can type /language en to go back to english and play with no problems.

I found I need to do this the first time I want to play, not if I keep playing without closing the game.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - that's really helpful if that works. Appreciate the advice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.