Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chrono (Michael)
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
The Past wrote:
I will not let things end like that...I'll drag everyone else into this hell!

Thus spoke the dejected fool, mind broken by despair, as he set forth to show that same despair to others. Perhaps withstanding this trial will be his salvation...but falling prey to it would be your undoing.

Welcome, friends, to Tragedy Looper PBF #5 - The First Script, as put on by your Magnanimous Mastermind, TheChronoMaster. Please enjoy your nightmares, as you struggle blindly in the dark.

Now, I shall open the door, and extend my formal invitations to three wayward souls...

(Sign-Ups):
1) BillGrant
2) bbobb
3) Sydcomebak

(Please confirm participation by posting)

If you are so ungracious as to have not prepared yourself for this banquet of madness, please utilize this compendium of rules for our little game:
http://zmangames.com/rulebooks/Tragedy_Looper_Rulebook.pdf

Once you have confirmed that you are not backing down from my challenge, I shall grant you some additional tools -- we shall call it the "First Steps" Player Aid -- through GeekMail magic!

As for this particular script, you have lived through it once already, so here is what you know for certain. I'm nothing if not fair:

Open Information wrote:
Tragedy Set: First Steps
Number of Loops: 3
Days per Loop: 4

Day - Incident
1 - none
2 - Murder
3 - Suicide
4 - none

Special rules:
Please note that because this is a First Steps scenario, the protagonists do NOT get a Final Guess.

Table Talk is on -- you are allowed to discuss the exact actions you are taking, and take them openly.

DO NOT DARE TO LOOK AT THE OTHER PBFs FOR THIS SCRIPT. It's simply not good form to cheat by spoiling yourself!

Thank you clydeiii, for bringing me into this cycle of tragedy.

And remember, there is no such thing as being too ostentatiously theatrical when you're an evil mastermind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrono (Michael)
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I will be using Rathstar's board summary:

rathstar wrote:
The board state at the start of each loop:

Character Summary

Doctor
Paranoia Limit 2
Adult/Man
mbmb - Remove or add 1 Paranoia to any other character in this Location. If the Doctor's role has Goodwill refusal, the Mastermind may use this ability as his own.
mbmbmb - The Patient may go outside the of the hospital for the rest of the loop.

Shrine Maiden
Paranoia Limit 2
Student/Girl
The Shrine Maiden may not visit the City.
mbmbmb - If in Shrine : Remove 1 intrigue from the Shrine.
mbmbmbmbmb - Reveal the role of any character in this location.

Girl Student
Paranoia Limit 3
Student/Girl
mbmb - Remove 1 paranoia from any other student in this location.

Boy Student
Paranoia Limit 2
Student/Boy
mbmb - Remove 1 paranoia from any other student in this location.

Police Officer
Paranoia Limit 3
Adult/Man
mbmbmbmb - Reveal the culprit behind any incident that has occurred in this loop.
mbmbmbmbmb - When death in this location happens: Prevent it.

Office Worker
Paranoia Limit 2
Adult/Man
The Office Worker may not visit the School.
mbmbmb - Reveal this character's role.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrono (Michael)
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Turn Summary:

1. Day start – morning
Day start effects happen here

2. Mastermind action
Plays 3 cards face down on characters/locations
(not more than one on same spot)

3. Protagonists action
Play one card each face down on characters/locations
(not more than one on same spot as another Protagonist card)

4. Cards are resolved
Reveal all cards and resolve them. After that, return all cards to their respective owners, except once per loop cards that are put to the side for this loop

5. Mastermind abilities
Uses whatever abilities are applicable

6. Leader uses Goodwill abilities
Leader declares which abilities he uses, and any targets.
Mastermind resolves the effects. May refuse to resolve the effects if the character using the ability has Goodwill Refusal

7. Incidents happen
If there is an Incident for this day, announce if it happens or not
(culprit is alive and has enough Paranoia), and then resolve if possible

8. Switch Leader
Leader gives Leader card to next player in turn

9. Day end – night
Day end effects happen here

If this was not the last day:
Go back to Day start of next day

If this was the last day:
Go to Loop end resolve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrono (Michael)
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
CARD LIST

This is a list of the action cards that the Protagonists and the Mastermind use, together with some details on exactly how the cards work. Use this if some effects conflict and/or you don’t know in what order to resolve things. “Together” here means “played on the same location or character”.

PROTAGONIST CARDS

Paranoia +1
Place 1 Paranoia counter on this character. If together with a Forbid Paranoia, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens. If together with a Paranoia –1, the +1 goes first.
Placed on a location, nothing happens.

Paranoia –1 only once per loop
Remove 1 Paranoia counter from this character. If together with a Forbid Paranoia, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens. If together with a Paranoia +1, the +1 goes first. Placed on a location, nothing happens.

Goodwill +1
Place 1 Goodwill counter on this character. If together with a Forbid Goodwill, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens. Placed on a location, nothing happens.

Goodwill +2 only once per loop
Place 2 Goodwill counters on this character. If together with a Forbid Goodwill, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens. Placed on a location, nothing happens.

Forbid Intrigue
If on the same spot as an Intrigue +1 or +2 , this takes precedence and nothing happens. However, if 2 or more players have played Forbid Intrigue on the same day (no matter where on the playing field), they nullify each other.

Movement - vertical
This character moves either up or down. If together with another vertical movement, it’s still a vertical movement (they do not nullify each other). If together with a horizontal movement, they combine to form a diagonal movement. If together with a diagonal movement, they combine to
form a horizontal movement. If placed on a location, nothing happens.

Movement - horizontal
This character moves either left or right. If together with another horizontal movement, it’s still a horizontal movement (they do not nullify each other). If together with a vertical movement, they combine to form a diagonal movement. If together with a diagonal movement, they combine to form a vertical movement. If placed on a location, nothing happens.

Forbid movement only once per loop
If together with a Movement card, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens.

MASTERMIND CARDS

2x Paranoia +1
Place 1 Paranoia counter on this character. If together with a Paranoia –1, the +1 goes first.
If placed on a location, nothing happens. The Mastermind has 2 of these.

Paranoia –1
Remove 1 Paranoia counter from this character. If together with a Paranoia +1, the +1 goes first. If placed on a location, nothing happens.

Forbid Paranoia
If together with a Paranoia +1 or Paranoia –1, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens.
If placed on a location, nothing happens.

Forbid Goodwill
If together with a Goodwill +1 or Goodwill +2, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens. If placed on a location, nothing happens.

Intrigue +1
Place 1 Intrigue counter on this character or location. If together with a Forbid Intrigue card, and only one Forbid Intrigue card is played this day, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens.

Intrigue +2 only once per loop
Place 2 Intrigue counters on this character or location. If together with a Forbid Intrigue card, and only one Forbid Intrigue card is played this day, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens.

Movement - vertical
This character moves either up or down. If together with Forbid Movement, the Forbid takes
precedence and nothing happens. If together with another vertical movement, it’s still a vertical movement (they do not nullify each other). If together with a horizontal movement, they combine to form a diagonal movement. If placed on a location, nothing happens.

Movement - horizontal
This character moves either left or right. If together with Forbid Movement, the Forbid takes
precedence and nothing happens. If together with another horizontal movement, it’s still a horizontal movement (they do not nullify each other). If together with a vertical movement, they combine to form a diagonal movement. If placed on a location, nothing happens.

Movement - diagonal only once per loop
This character moves diagonally. If together with Forbid Movement, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens. If together with a horizontal movement, they combine to form a vertical movement. If together with a vertical movement, they combine to form a horizontal movement. If placed on a location, nothing happens.

Oh, if it wasn't obvious from the rules, you each have your own seperate 'deck', while I have mine. My 'once per loop' card is just that, your 'once per loop' card is 'once per person per loop'. Physical card limits of course apply as well, the only card I have two of is the Paranoia+1 card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrono (Michael)
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Results for each loop will be stored here as they happen.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Loop 1: Tragically cut short on the end of day 1. The protagonists were forced to another loop.

The Board State at loop end:

Hospital Shrine
Doctor (1 Intrigue) Shrine Maiden (1 Goodwill)
Girl Student

City School (2 Intrigue)
Police Officer Boy Student
Office Worker (2 Goodwill)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just announcing my presence and subscription.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm in, I apologize for the delay in replying, will be checking this regularly this weekend and throughout the week as is needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrono (Michael)
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
All of the players have been gathered. I shall make my move tonight...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrono (Michael)
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
THE GAME BEGINS

At this, the first turn, you are all aware of...nothing! You have some ideas at what may be happening in this spiral of time, noted in your 'First Steps' player aid. You also know what is 'supposed' to happen over these 4 days, as noted in the game's start. You also know that some demented mastermind is trying to trap you in a cycle of tragedy. All you have to do to escape is to prevent the Mastermind from accomplishing his goals...Whatever they may be.

Loop 1, Day 1, Phase 1: Day Start

Other than the fact that you've lived this day before, nothing is particularly out of the ordinary in the morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrono (Michael)
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Loop 1, Day 1, Phase 2: Mastermind Actions

I place a card on the Doctor.
I place a card on the Girl Student.
I place a card on the School.

The Board State:

Hospital Shrine
Doctor Shrine Maiden

City School
Office Worker Girl Student

Underlines represent Card Plays.

The leader of the protagonists today is Sydcomebak. Also, this line has always been here.

Look at the movement on the strings, as my puppets dance...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Alright, So we should just state the cards we want to use and on who correct? Since Tabletalk is on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrono (Michael)
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, preferably by bolding it once you've come to a final decision. Feel free to discuss at your leisure, but make sure all communication regarding the game is carried out publicly in this topic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Movement - vertical on Girl Student

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Alright, lets go with this
Goodwill +2 on Office Worker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goodwill +1 on Shrine Maiden

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrono (Michael)
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Loop 1, Day 1, Phase 4: Card Resolution

My cards are revealed:

Doctor - Intrigue +1
Girl Student - Vertical Movement
School - Intrigue +2

Your cards:

Girl Student - Vertical Movement
Office Worker - Goodwill +2
Shrine Maiden - Goodwill +1

Underlined cards represent Once Per Loop.

Board State after Resolution:

Hospital Shrine
Doctor (1 Intrigue) Shrine Maiden (1 Goodwill)
Girl Student

City School (2 Intrigue)
Office Worker (2 Goodwill)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrono (Michael)
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Loop 1, Day 1, Phase 5: Mastermind Abilities
Nothing happens...this time.

Loop 1, Day 1, Phase 6: Goodwill Abilities
Nobody has enough goodwill to utilize a goodwill ability.

Loop 1, Day 1, Phase 7: Incidents
No incident is scheduled to happen today.

Loop 1, Day 1, Phase 8: Switch Leader
The Leader of the Protagonists on the next day will be BillGrant.

Loop 1, Day 1, Phase 9: Day End
During the night...The Girl Student dies.

Something has gone wrong...

THE FIRST LOOP IS OVER. THE SECOND LOOP BEGINS.

Time Spiral -- Feel free to discuss what has happened with your fellow protagonists while the next loop is prepared
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well that was actually a really useful move, what I got out of that is:
Girl Student is the Key Person
Shrine Maiden is the Serial Killer.

That is the only way a murder and loop end could have happened that quickly. So the subplot is definitely Shadow of the Rippper and the main plot has to be Murder Plan or A Place to Protect.

Chrono played like it was A Place to Protect with his 2 intrigue play off the bat at the school but that could easily be a bluff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch, that was too easy MM... shrine maiden is the killer? I need to review to see if any other situation is possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja'd and with far better analysis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has to be the Serial Killer, can't be the killer because that requires Two Intrigue on the key person which the girl student didn't have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Shrine Maiden can't go to the City so that's useful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so lost but will look into this tonight and try to figure out these conclusions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrono (Michael)
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
The board state has reset.

Hospital Shrine
Doctor Shrine Maiden

City School
Office Worker Girl Student

THE SECOND LOOP HAS BEGUN

Loop 2, Day 1, Phase 1: Day Start
Other than the fact that you've lived this day before, nothing is particularly out of the ordinary in the morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.