Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you that enjoy playing in tournaments, we have 2 good ones coming up. On Saturday, September 13th at 11am the Omaha Area Gamers will be hosting our bi-monthly tournament. The masses have voted in The Castles of Burgundy as the tournament game for September.

Norm the owner of The Game Shoppe has asked me to run a Dominion Tournament on Saturday, October 11th at 11am. If you enjoy playing either of these games, sign up now for these tournaments and have the chance to play against other players who also enjoy these games.

Castles of Burgundy Tournament

Date: Saturday, September 13th, 2014
Start Time: 11am
Place: The Game Shoppe, 1406 Harlan Drive, Bellevue, Nebraska
Entry Fee: $5.00
Prizes: Game Shoppe Gift Cards

Dominion Tournament

Date: Saturday, October 11th, 2014
Start Time: 11am
Place: The Game Shoppe, 1406 Harlan Drive, Bellevue, Nebraska
Entry Fee: $5.00
Prizes: Game Shoppe Gift Cards

Please sign up for both tournaments on this post. You can also just show up the day of the tournament and sign up then but it helps us a ton with set up if people sign up ahead of time. You do not have to pay until the day of the tournament. Both tournaments are open to the public. Please help spread the word and invite your family, friends, co-workers and feel free to post this on any gaming or social media site. The more the merrier

If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to post here or Geekmail myself or Keith
Keith Kansiewicz
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Moller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dang, wish I didn't have to drive so far... Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mospinach wrote:

45 minutes and your here. Make the drive, it will be worth it. Where do you guys do most of your gaming in Lincoln? How is the gaming scene there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Moller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omahavice wrote:
mospinach wrote:

45 minutes and your here. Make the drive, it will be worth it. Where do you guys do most of your gaming in Lincoln? How is the gaming scene there?

A few places.

The newest thing is actually starting this coming Sunday: Open Gaming for the general public at Lincoln Libraries. The first one is 9/7 Noon-4 at the downtown Branch (14th & N) on the 4th floor. No idea what turnout will be at first. The primary goal (for myself as organizer) is getting new gamers to the table and teaching games, secondary goal is then playing. This will be once a month and at a different branch each month (for now). I made sure there were no conflicts with a Husker game.

A smaller group of us also game at my place semi-regularly, there's also weekly demos from about 6-8 at the Hobbytown at 70th & Pioneers, and I think Gauntlet Games (south of 13th & VanDorn) has some open gaming every week on Sunday...?

The scene is getting discernably stronger: We have a Con now, Great Plains Game Fest, which was this past March, and I just keep meeting new gamers in town.

This has become an advertisement for Lincoln gaming, I'll stop now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mospinach wrote:
Omahavice wrote:
mospinach wrote:

A few places.

The newest thing is actually starting this coming Sunday: Open Gaming for the general public at Lincoln Libraries. The first one is 9/7 Noon-4 at the downtown Branch (14th & N) on the 4th floor. No idea what turnout will be at first. The primary goal (for myself as organizer) is getting new gamers to the table and teaching games, secondary goal is then playing. This will be once a month and at a different branch each month (for now). I made sure there were no conflicts with a Husker game.

A smaller group of us also game at my place semi-regularly, there's also weekly demos from about 6-8 at the Hobbytown at 70th & Pioneers, and I think Gauntlet Games (south of 13th & VanDorn) has some open gaming every week on Sunday...?

The scene is getting discernably stronger: We have a Con now, Great Plains Game Fest, which was this past March, and I just keep meeting new gamers in town.

This has become an advertisement for Lincoln gaming, I'll stop now.

That sounds very cool. I really like the library gaming idea, that sounds like it has lots of potential. If you ever make it to Omaha on a Saturday afternoon or Monday evening please stop in at The Game Shoppe and join us for some gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.