Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Valentine
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Q: Several cards refer to "adjacent" minions.
Consider minions in two rows:
A B C
D E F

Which minions are "adjacent" to B? All or just A and C?

Q: Can Special Action cards be played during an opponent's turn or only during one's own turn?

Dr. Oblongata set:
Q: 1-800-EVL-GUYZ (Special Action)
"Player may place two minions from discard pile at no cost.
Minions are played per usual and may attack but are discarded after turn."

I understand this to mean that at a cost of 0 actions, I can take two minions out of my own discard pile and place them in empty minion spots in front of me at any time during my turn. These minions can attack, but the attacks aren't free, they each count as one of my 3 actions.
The minons are discarded at the end of my turn.

Have I got that right?

The phrase "and may attack" seems redundant since attacking is part of normal minion play. Some players have interpreted this as an indication that the attacks are free too.

Q: 3-Second Brain Transpant (Special Action)
"Minon may use any adjacent minion's A! and D! as his own for this round."

I understand this to mean that the minion may use an adjacent minion's Attack or Defense value in place of (not in addition to) his own.

Do I have that right?

What happens to the minion whose value was borrowed?
Does it assume the A! and D! values of the original minion
or does it retain its own A! and D! values?
(If the brain was transplanted, it seems it needs to have been removed from its owner.)

Mugga Mugga set:
Q: Monkey See, Monkey Do (Special Action)
"Play on minion at beginning of turn. That minion gets one free attack immediately after another minion's attack."

Can this card be played on any player's minion or only on Mugga Mugga's minions?
(Probably just on Mugga Mugga's minions, since this is a Monkey card.)

Q: Monkey Paw (Special Action)
"Player gets to declare a single attack for another player. Player chooses both attacker and opponent (may be on same side). Opponent's atack costs one action."

Mugga Mugga can play this card during his own turn to force an opponent to execute at attack. This counts as one of Mugga Mugga's 3 actions.

Do I have this right?

Can this card be used to force a minion (or monster) to attack its own Master?

Q: Wrath of the Monkey God (Special Action)
Is the card removed from an opponent's hand removed from the game or simply placed in the opponent's discard pile?

Mallory Maleficarum set:
Q: Sing Along (Gear)
Interpretation A: This card allow the minion to add both the A and D of an adjacent minion when it attacks. That is, attack value is own A + adjacent minion's A + adjacent minion's D. (That is, it has no defense benefit.)

Interpretation B: Attack value is own A + adjacent minion's A.
Defense value is own D + adjacent minion's D when this minion is attacked.

Q: Ghoul Scout Cookies (Gear)
"Play on minion. For two actions, any card's A! and D! can be reduced to zero for that round."

I understand this to mean:
Mallory can reduce any (presumably opponent's) card's A! and D! values to zero for the duration of the current round. Invoking this ability counts as two of Mallory's actions during her turn over and above the action it took to play the card on the minion.
This affects a card (minion, monster or gear) not a whole minion (minion + gear) or monster (multiple monster cards).

Do I have that right?

Can Mallory play this card during an opponent's turn and reduce her next turn to a single action?

Q: In Strange Aeons... (Special Action)
Unlike the similar "The Stars Are So Right" card, this card does not say "Except Master" cards. Is this a typo or can this card be used to "poof" an opponent's Master? Can it "poof" a Master in a hideout?
Can it "poof" a Master that has minions directly in front of it?

Thanks,
-Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blair
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Q: Several cards refer to "adjacent" minions.
Consider minions in two rows:
A B C
D E F

Which minions are "adjacent" to B? All or just A and C?

A: All of them.

Q: Can Special Action cards be played during an opponent's turn or only during one's own turn?

A: No, only Segues can be played off-turn.

Dr. Oblongata set:
Q: 1-800-EVL-GUYZ (Special Action)
"Player may place two minions from discard pile at no cost.
Minions are played per usual and may attack but are discarded after turn."

I understand this to mean that at a cost of 0 actions, I can take two minions out of my own discard pile and place them in empty minion spots in front of me at any time during my turn. These minions can attack, but the attacks aren't free, they each count as one of my 3 actions.
The minons are discarded at the end of my turn.

Have I got that right?

The phrase "and may attack" seems redundant since attacking is part of normal minion play. Some players have interpreted this as an indication that the attacks are free too.

A: You have it right and, no, the attacks are not free.

Q: 3-Second Brain Transpant (Special Action)
"Minon may use any adjacent minion's A! and D! as his own for this round."

I understand this to mean that the minion may use an adjacent minion's Attack or Defense value in place of (not in addition to) his own.

Do I have that right?

What happens to the minion whose value was borrowed?
Does it assume the A! and D! values of the original minion
or does it retain its own A! and D! values?
(If the brain was transplanted, it seems it needs to have been removed from its owner.)

A: You have that right. Nothing happens to the minion whose values are borrowed.

Mugga Mugga set:
Q: Monkey See, Monkey Do (Special Action)
"Play on minion at beginning of turn. That minion gets one free attack immediately after another minion's attack."

Can this card be played on any player's minion or only on Mugga Mugga's minions?
(Probably just on Mugga Mugga's minions, since this is a Monkey card.)

A: Only Mugga Mugga's minions.

Q: Monkey Paw (Special Action)
"Player gets to declare a single attack for another player. Player chooses both attacker and opponent (may be on same side). Opponent's atack costs one action."

Mugga Mugga can play this card during his own turn to force an opponent to execute at attack. This counts as one of Mugga Mugga's 3 actions.

Do I have this right?

Can this card be used to force a minion (or monster) to attack its own Master?

A: Playing the card does not count as one of Mugga Mugga's actions. The attack counts as one of the target's actions. Yes, you can force a minion to attack its own Master.

Q: Wrath of the Monkey God (Special Action)
Is the card removed from an opponent's hand removed from the game or simply placed in the opponent's discard pile?

The card is discarded.

Mallory Maleficarum set:
Q: Sing Along (Gear)
Interpretation A: This card allow the minion to add both the A and D of an adjacent minion when it attacks. That is, attack value is own A + adjacent minion's A + adjacent minion's D. (That is, it has no defense benefit.)

Interpretation B: Attack value is own A + adjacent minion's A.
Defense value is own D + adjacent minion's D when this minion is attacked.

A: The A is added to their A and the D is added to their D.

Q: Ghoul Scout Cookies (Gear)
"Play on minion. For two actions, any card's A! and D! can be reduced to zero for that round."

I understand this to mean:
Mallory can reduce any (presumably opponent's) card's A! and D! values to zero for the duration of the current round. Invoking this ability counts as two of Mallory's actions during her turn over and above the action it took to play the card on the minion.
This affects a card (minion, monster or gear) not a whole minion (minion + gear) or monster (multiple monster cards).

Do I have that right?

Can Mallory play this card during an opponent's turn and reduce her next turn to a single action?

A: You have that right. No, only Segues may be played during an opponent's turn.

Q: In Strange Aeons... (Special Action)
Unlike the similar "The Stars Are So Right" card, this card does not say "Except Master" cards. Is this a typo or can this card be used to "poof" an opponent's Master? Can it "poof" a Master in a hideout?
Can it "poof" a Master that has minions directly in front of it?

A: It is a typo. The Master card cannot be simply removed from play by the card.

Thank you for your questions. Let me know if you have any further issues or questions about the game.

Best,

Jason L Blair
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.