GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,725 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: star-trek-attack-wing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Ray
msg tools
I'm new to Star Trek attack wing an have a few of the ships in my collection . If you were to buy doubles of one ship which one would it be? I know a lot of the thing that come in ship packs are unique to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Toss up between the Valdore or the Koranak, both epic expansions for the Romulans and Dominion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
Keldon class. One of the best Dominion ships out there. 5 Attack with Battlestations is amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom B.
msg tools
Quote:
Two Keldon/Koranak

NOOOOoooooo. Only get 2 of one of those if you've already got one of each.

A Kraxon/Galor + Koranak/Keldon is better than just two Keldons. They're similar but work very well as a team, better than just double of one. Keldon can be buffed up to hit hardest and, though rarely needed, serve as anti-swarm. Kraxon is an excellent support ship, being able to take damage for other ships if it's in formation as well as having superior shields. The Kraxon's special you'll use more than the Keldon's, even though the Keldon has 1 more attack, and Battlestations is easy to get as a free action. The 1-less damage on the Kraxon is negligible buffed with some of the cards they come with (eg anti-proton scan). They have near identical but subtly different movement cards too, sometimes you'll want the Kraxon's bank-1 and sometimes you'll want the Keldon's bank-4.

Quote:
I'm new to Star Trek attack wing

You'll want the cards from both. That settles it, if you don't have both already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
cheezit wrote:
Quote:
Two Keldon/Koranak

NOOOOoooooo

Buy a Kraxon/Galor + Koranak/Keldon rather than just two Keldons. They're similar but work very well as a team, better than just double of one. Keldon can be buffed up to hit hardest and, though rarely needed, serve as anti-swarm. Kraxon is an excellent support ship, being able to take damage for other ships if it's in formation as well as having superior shields. The Kraxon's special you'll use more than the Keldon's, even though the Keldon has 1 more attack, and Battlestations is easy to get as a free action. The 1-less damage on the Kraxon is negligible buffed with some of the cards they come with (eg anti-proton scan). They have near identical but subtly different movement cards too, sometimes you'll want the Kraxon's bank-1 and sometimes you'll want the Keldon's bank-4.

Quote:
I'm new to Star Trek attack wing

You'll want the cards from both. That settles it.

Ou812 wrote:
...If you were to buy doubles of one ship which one would it be?

Tom, the original poster was asking what ship to buy more than one of, not what else to buy. I do agree that Kraxon/Keldon is a great team. Two Keldons are also a great part of a squad. Heck, Kraxon with 2 Keldons and various captains/upgrades makes for a really nice pure Dominion fleet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom B.
msg tools
mathguy6189 wrote:

Tom, the original poster was asking what ship to buy more than one of, not what else to buy.

The original poster does not specify what he already has, so I can't know whether or not he'd buy 2 of something or buy a second of something he already has. Maybe he has both, or just one of the two, or neither?

If he's got just one or neither, then he should make sure he owns both before he considers having two of one. The Kraxon/Koranak make such a good team they're a special consideration when thinking about buying ships in pairs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ray
msg tools
I do have 2 keldon class by chance and one galor class. One of my friend said just get the extra keldon and like it. Lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ray
msg tools
An extra valdore would be amazing thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Adams
msg tools
Defiant for quantum torpedoes.

Valdore for the above reasons.

Koranak for the above reasons.

Borg sphere if you plan to play Borg due to the ship being powerful and easily able to field 2.

Voyager since the ship is good and transphasic torpedoes are crazy powerful.

Reliant as a cheap missile boat (if that's your thing).

Vorta'vor (this is a blind ship for the collective OP that you can get on ebay for roughly $20) since the advance cloaking is amazing for Romulan fleets

Bajoran interceptors are fun in a swarm of 4

Praetus has cloaked mines.

Jem'hadar battlecruisers are tougher than the Koranak and have a bit better maneuverability. Plus volley of torpedoes can make for a fun combo.

Lastly I'd have to say a second Borg scout cube can provide a cheap answer to cloaked fleets when armed with the Magnetomeric charges in the same pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.