GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,873 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Imperial Settlers» Forums » General

Subject: So how high are you scoring? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just learning but have found that my scores are not high at all, like in the 10-15 point range. Certainly still figuring out how things work, but what is a "good" score in this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The goal for this game should be 80-90. Super amazing games will probably score closer to 130, while high levels of play will probably see 110+ consistently even when attacked reasonably often.

If you're scoring 10-15VP, I'd look over the rules to make sure you're not getting something wrong. Don't forget all buildings are worth points and you can send workers for resources or cards - also, be more aggressive with raze tokens. They're a huge early game resource when you can get a stone/gold or wood/gold building to raze.

I also posted a pretty extensive strategy article in the Strategy forum that may help once you get the basics down. I'd expect new players to score in the 50s regularly after a bit of practice, going up to the 80s as they get a good feel for the game.

(Personal scores for last 5 games: Barbarians 93, Egyptians 123, Romans 128, Barbarians 95, Japanese 114.) Japanese game was probably a tiny bit lower actually, misread Diplomacy School...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Van Hoeyveld
Belgium
Stabroek
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
played two solo games, got 33 en 34 points... And I don't mind the 'low' scoring. I don't like to completely figure out the game until it's tiniest corners... I love to go with the flow and I'm sure I'll get higher scores as I play more...

I'd say, keep playing and those higher points will come soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sims
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My highest scores are 94 with the barbarians and 99 with the Japanese. Both games I ran out of cards before I ran out of resources so I think I still could have played better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the thoughts and encouragement. I played again last night and was in the low 40s so it's getting better. I, too, don't mind a slow unravel of the game and it's strategies, I just was curious what others were scoring to see where I am in relation and how much more I can look forward to!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first game tonight and I scored 26 and my husband 25. We did one goof where we did not take resources as we built the production so that hurt us on points. We plan to play again tomorrow so I'll see how our scores change when we take our resources correctly. We did do the deals right though just missed our resources on production builds. Only took them during the production phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, taking resources incorrectly will brutalize your score. It's painful...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My solo scores in order of play:

Barbarians 71
Romans 68
Egyptians 55
Japanese 46
Barbarians 125

I really love this game solo. I can't wait to try it with others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Problem with this game is that you'll need to play a few games before you start seeing the apparent strategies. First few games I have played, I scored in the 40-50s. Odds are, you simply threw away vital engine cards, unknowingly.

Keep drawing card until you have enough to build your VP engine by round 4/5. You'll get there once you realize what you have to do for each faction:

Barbarians -- Razing for VPs [raids, dark chapel, rubble...not to mention the uber card where you score 1vp for each black building]

Egyptian -- don't just use your gold on anything...store them up for a mega 4/5th round [Goldsmith plus the 2 cards that give you 1vp more when scoring 2vps...5vp for a gold/pink meeple! each, rinse/repeat]

Japanese -- deal, deal, deal, deal, deal -- gates and shrine are nice additions

Romans -- (haven't really played them), but it's all about buildings with them I think

So far my high scores:
94 Egyptians -- 3 player game
116 Barbarians -- 3 player game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iavor Ianakiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Romans - 88 points /in 3 players game, not solo/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Lindström
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
With all expansion cards from "Why can´t we be friends?" in the decks, in other words +10 extra faction cards and +13 common cards, I scored 159 points with the Japanese in a two player game against the Romans that scored 124 points. Card draw was great all game long and I actually drew the last faction card at the start of the fifth round. All in all an amazing game and my all time high. We had a pretty friendly game so there wasn´t lots of razing going on, some watchtowers and castles got razed but nothing more so I suppose our overall score could have been lower if we had attacked each other a bit more.

And nothing of this would have been possible without Andarels fantastic “Empire Building 101 – A New/Intermediate Player´s Guide to Imperial Settlers” that you can find under Strategy in the forum. Cards, cards and even more cards is my mantra now whenever I play Imperial Settlers;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mackanl wrote:
With all expansion cards from "Why can´t we be friends?" in the decks, in other words +10 extra faction cards and +13 common cards, I scored 159 points with the Japanese in a two player game against the Romans that scored 124 points. Card draw was great all game long and I actually drew the last faction card at the start of the fifth round. All in all an amazing game and my all time high. We had a pretty friendly game so there wasn´t lots of razing going on, some watchtowers and castles got razed but nothing more so I suppose our overall score could have been lower if we had attacked each other a bit more.

And nothing of this would have been possible without Andarels fantastic “Empire Building 101 – A New/Intermediate Player´s Guide to Imperial Settlers” that you can find under Strategy in the forum. Cards, cards and even more cards is my mantra now whenever I play Imperial Settlers;-)

Yeah -- Watchtowers and Castles get eliminated (razed) pretty fast in our groups. Maybe if you manage to grab an early one (rd 1) that you'd be able to use it twice; otherwise, it's a location that undoubtedly gets razed immediately. Mostly b/c people are jerks -- but more importantly that 2 card draw is definitely worth 2 raze tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Orzechowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just scored 136VP with Romans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My record is 184 with romans in a 2 player game, but with the nerfs, I dodn't think I can beat this marks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill L
United States
North Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played a handful of times. My best is 83 points playing solo with the Romans.

SOLO
Romans - 83
Barbarians - 53
Egyptians - 52
Japanese - 50

TWO-PLAYER
Romans 54 - Barbarians 52
(me = Romans, wife = Barbarians)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siddharth Venkatesh
msg tools
Aztarun wrote:
My record is 184 with romans in a 2 player game, but with the nerfs, I dodn't think I can beat this marks.

What nerfs are you referring to? I've had some insane solo and multiplayer games with Romans recently (150-240 points) and I wonder if I'm making rules errors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sidnv wrote:
Aztarun wrote:

What nerfs are you referring to? I've had some insane solo and multiplayer games with Romans recently (150-240 points) and I wonder if I'm making rules errors.

Some Commons Locations that give you points by each color location you have, now have MAX 6 pts.

Here is the file link: Imperial Settlers Official Errata

184 is my top score using only the base game, but now a day, my opponents don´t let socre so much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siddharth Venkatesh
msg tools
Aztarun wrote:
Sidnv wrote:
Aztarun wrote:

Some Commons Locations that give you points by each color location you have, now have MAX 6 pts.

Here is the file link: Imperial Settlers Official Errata

184 is my top score using only the base game, but now a day, my opponents don´t let socre so much

Thanks for the link. I don't think I misplayed those cards. I was worried that Headquarters/Admins were nerfed because they are usually the big Roman point engine cards.

184 is super impressive for the base game. Romans get New City in the expansion and I'm not sure how I would get the card draw to get that high without it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sidnv wrote:
184 is super impressive for the base game. Romans get New City in the expansion and I'm not sure how I would get the card draw to get that high without it.

It's more my opponents fault than my merit. They let me grab some cards that scored 1 point for each "color" location, this gave me too many points. With the errata I would had gained only 6 per card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.