GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,469 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Dungeon!» Forums » Rules

Subject: What happends when the stat on a monster is just a dash ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
I played with the rogue on the latest version of the game and it happened to me that several encounters have a dash where the defense number should be.

So what happen with the character on these encounters ? Have he/she instantly lost the battle ? Instantly won the battle ? Have to take a new card ? Have to escape ?

Thanks in advance!

Sample:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Lic
Mexico
MTY NL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You can´t attack the monster, then it attacks you IIRC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RECIVS wrote:
You can´t attack the monster, then it attacks you IIRC

I agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's correct.
You cannot defeat it, but you do get attacked by it--just for having the temerity to walk in on it in the first place. shake
Then hope you survive to escape.
Good luck with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I understand now why the rogue´s goal is so low
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth D
msg tools
mb
If you have a magic sword then the dash is treated as a "13". It's in the rulebook under the magic sword section. Unfortunately, the wizard is toast because they can't use a magic sword. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So that means that a critical hit (2x6) will hit the monster anyway. Ok, it´s workable. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
kldarter wrote:
If you have a magic sword then the dash is treated as a "13". It's in the rulebook under the magic sword section. Unfortunately, the wizard is toast because they can't use a magic sword. cry

The wizard is actually looking pretty good if they still have spell cards. The numbers under the fireball and lightning bolt are what he/she needs to roll to kill the monster with those cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Takuya
Brazil
flag msg tools
What if the fireball and lightning bolt have a dash in place of their numbers as well? The wizard can't attack?
What I mean is: let's say my Wizard was casting a fireball and then the monster has a dash on its fireball icon. Then I automatically lost, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes indeed, that monster is impervious to the fireball, so you lose the combat. It's part of the risk of using spells - since you must choose the spell before drawing the monster, it's a bit of a guessing game. The good part is that since you're casting the spell from outside of the room, even if you lose the combat, the monster can't counterattack (I guess the wizard slams the door and bars it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.