Bingo Party» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Bingo Party - Hurrah! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
E Sussex
flag msg tools
It was my birthday and we invited some close friends around for a BBQ in our back garden, with the promise of lots of beer and wine to go with it.

My best mate Dave, who consistently buys poor presents for myself and others (to give an idea of his mentality, he'd turned up for the BBQ with no food and only one bottle of wine between him and his girlfriend - it wouldn't be too bad, but they were expecting to stay the night as well...), had arrived with a 'superb present' for me. It turned out to be "Bingo Party". Just looking at the box was enough for me to know that it wasn't superb.

Well, about 5 hours later, after much munching and downing of drinks, the time came to face Party Bingo. There were 7 of us left, which meant we had to share the rather ineffective (wipe-clean) pens between us. Well the first game was not inspiring, Mike Vyse read the numbers extremely quickly and without a great deal of style. We'd chosen 'traditional' where the numbers occasionally got exciting names like 'two fat ladies, 88', 'two little ducks, 22', but also irritating ones like 'Legs eleven, 11', where the repitition seemed needless.

Anyway Richard 'Bouncy' Castle won the first round, when it seemed like several people had only 1 number left to get on their cards. We were excited (drunk?, competitive?) enough to give the game another go, and this time I tried a tactic to improve my chances and tried to mark off both sides of my (double-sided) bingo card. Not sure if the numbers were being read too quickly, I was too drunk or that the fact that the pen was rubbish, but it didn't help and this time Dave (the game buyer) won.

So, one final game and this time I challenged everyone to mark off both sides of their card to make the game more difficult. Well, it was a frenzy of pen borrowing and scribbling and many shouts of 'what number was that?' or 'hang on a minute', until eventually the game got paused and we had a second to look at the screen and see what numbers had gone......

....and every number had been called. And no-one had won. Well that got us laughing, but it was the last game of Party Bingo that I will be playing. The game is now listed on Ebay and is currently going to sell for the first £0.99 bid.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.