Subject: Pre-order at Funagain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
João Bosco Paiva Lopes
Brazil
Santo André
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a pre-order link at Funagain, but if the game is out-of-print how will they get the copies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
They ordered and are expecting some, I'd imagine.

But they keep taking orders way past the point of what they know the can fulfill do sometimes deal with fickle, boutique, european companies who mess around with print runs. Not the worst thing to get "on the list" with a game where there might be no alternative place to buy. Pretty damned annoying when you think you're getting something you could have bought elsewhere though.

They did send an email out to people the other day prompting them to come preorder it, though, months after it had been up on their site. So . . . who knows!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt they are taking preorders past their capacity to get copies. In my experience Funagain is pretty good about keeping track of inventory. Plus, as you said, they wouldn't have sent a reminder email this week if they were overbooked.

I think probably Funagain has been guaranteed a certain number of copies, and the $80 price tag is preventing hordes of people from ordering this. (not me! tee hee)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:

I think probably Funagain has been guaranteed a certain number of copies, and the $80 price tag is preventing hordes of people from ordering this. (not me! tee hee)

I held off for awhile because of the price, and I was waiting for Rahdo's RunThrough. It looks like the Malta mailing system ate his game though, so I caved in a week or so ago. Hopefully they'll be able to fill the order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
I doubt they are taking preorders past their capacity to get copies. In my experience Funagain is pretty good about keeping track of inventory. Plus, as you said, they wouldn't have sent a reminder email this week if they were overbooked.

that was my experience with antiquity, but that was a few years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
cbazler wrote:

that was my experience with antiquity, but that was a few years ago.

We have plenty of copies coming.

It's been up for pre-order for a while because we sent these copies on the slow boat (to prevent the $79.99 price tag from becoming $100+).

As a side note, I remember the Antiquity incident you're talking about and that unfortunately was due to us thinking there would be more than 1 printing of the game. We put in our pre-order with Splotter, and put Antiquity up for pre-order, and the orders go crazy. We go back to Splotter for more and they say, "sorry sold out no more." so we took down pre-orders. We don't ever take pre-orders and knowingly not be able to fill them, because well, that's annoying for everybody involved.

-Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff DeBoer
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have copies for pre-order (arriving from Germany) soon at Funagain Games (www.funagain.com). I have been a Spielworxx fan for a few years now as heavy economic history games are among my very favorites, so we ordered copies for our customers. I have played La Granja six times already and have really enjoyed it. Beautiful production and challenging gameplay for a super solid farming/logistics economic game with Agricola-like occupations on multi-use cards with four edges to decide how you use them. The custom-designed player boards are very special and I have seen nothing like them before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Coleman
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my email that said, "Hey, pay us and we'll fork over your game." Can't wait, this one I am eager to play again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kennymiester wrote:
Just got my email that said, "Hey, pay us and we'll fork over your game." Can't wait, this one I am eager to play again.

*runs to check email*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Bosco Paiva Lopes
Brazil
Santo André
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yessssss!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Coleman
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Received my copy today in all its Spielworxx gloriousness. MUST. FIND. GAMING. GROUP. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.