Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://traffic.libsyn.com/dicetowershowdown/DTS022-DiceTower...

In this show, we talk about expansions for board games - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Are they a money grab? What expansions are the best? Listen to our roundtable discussion as we take a look at these additions to board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Hihn
Germany
Walddorfhäslach
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Just wanna say that I love the format of this Podcast. Keep it coming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Hihn
Germany
Walddorfhäslach
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After listening to the whole episode I just wanted to add another type of expansion that came to my mind. El Grande: König & Intrigant completely replaces one of the core mechanisms of vanilla El Grande. It replaces all the power cards and all the action cards with a single deck of cards for every player. These cards still include power values and the amount of caballeros you get but also have an action associated with them. The result of that is that you can plan out your turns a lot better since you know all your actions instead of having to pick the ones flipped over at the beginning of every round. I also think that this makes the game easier for new players since they don't have to adopt their strategy every turn or even after someone picked an action they actually wanted to take.

I still love the base game though, can't tell what I like better. But this is what I mean. It's an expansion (or maybe a variant) that changes the game without making its footprint bigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.