Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a participating shop anywhere near me (the only game shops close to me are very Magic-oriented). Will I be able to get this as a POD purchase later on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From my understanding, the scenario will be made available as a POD purchase. They have done that for all of their Gencon scenarios and game night kit scenarios.

However, the Alt Art Aragorn and the playmat will not be available for purchase (unless you want to spend lots of money on ebay).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4877

Quote:
Note: The Fog on the Barrow-downs scenario will be made available for purchase at a later date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Has there been any information on where to find a FLGS that is hosting a Fellowship Event? I can't find anything on the FFG site, and it's 5 weeks away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Pidde
United States
Freeman
South Dakota
flag msg tools
Acrux wrote:
Has there been any information on where to find a FLGS that is hosting a Fellowship Event? I can't find anything on the FFG site, and it's 5 weeks away.

Still nothing official that I have seen. FFG's Game Center calendar shows them hosting the event on the 11th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Just got back from the event at the FFG Center. After a first turn of no events (you spend the night at Tom's place so there's no Quest Phase!) the game ramps up quickly. We failed miserably at the scenario twice. You really need to have a threat control deck. Lots of fun though.

That said, I have all of the stuff (Scenario/alt-art Aragorn/Playmat) for sale/trade. GM me if you are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Rick said. We actually played the hard scenario the first time not knowing. You can remove cards with gold rings on them to play the "easier" scenario, and give yourself one more resource to start the game to play the "easy" scenario. We nearly won the hard scenario, then tried the "easier" one and got just reamed, our threat control didn't show up in time in game two. Had an absolute blast though, this being only the second time I've played the game (the LCG in general) it was excellent.

Fun scenario, but I also have my copy for sale/trade but am tempted to keep the playmat, because I could use a playmat in general so if desired I could be tempted to let it go. It is really pretty. The set also includes the alternat Aragorn art as previously mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.