GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,525 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: Availability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate B.
msg tools
mbmbmb
I was just wondering If anyone has seen the starter sets popping back up at stores. I was wondering if people have been seeing target getting any hefty restocks. I live in the Central PA area but I was wondering if anyone was seeing some anywhere else in the country....
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizkids said they weren't sending big-box stores (Target, Wal-mart, etc.) any more until hobby shops got their supply, but who knows what's REALLY going on with this messy release
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not a messy release. People want the game more than anyone thought they would, hey its life. You cannot expect wizkids to produce enough for the .5% chance that it will be sold. Its a business afterall, and you go out of it if you over produce.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mabuchi wrote:
It is not a messy release. People want the game more than anyone thought they would, hey its life. You cannot expect wizkids to produce enough for the .5% chance that it will be sold. Its a business afterall, and you go out of it if you over produce.

It's a messy release.

To answer the OP, my FLGS gets one or two starters in every few weeks along with one or two gravity feed boxes. It's very sporatic and he never knows when he's getting more stock in until his distributor sends him the packing list on his next shipment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too much me now in the our world
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've hit a dozen or more Target and Walmart locations in the Houston area this week, with no sightings at all. There isn't even an empty peg or price label on the shelves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen starters in a few game stores. People aren't calling every store desperately like they were when it first came out, so they hang around a bit longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Loviska

Zeeland
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS just got in a shipment, but I'm pretty sure they were all on pre-order. I picked up my pre-order and a couple of boosters. I think they are starting to get back in supply, but I did put in the order back in July, so maybe not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Multiple stores in my area I have seen at least two waves of starter restocks maybe three. And most stores still have gravity feeds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm Sorry
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
sabbat00 wrote:
I've hit a dozen or more Target and Walmart locations in the Houston area this week, with no sightings at all. There isn't even an empty peg or price label on the shelves.

You won't (at least at Target. Probably the same at Wal-Mart). All the CCG cards and the like are managed by an outside vendor that will try to cram as much product as possible onto the space that they have. If they are out of a certain product, the label goes away and the space gets filled by a different product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Kaiser
United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hastings website said they had some in early this week. I ordered a starter. I got an email about a day ago saying my order was canceled because they didn't have the supply they thought they did. This game continues to elude me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.