Subject: High Command Storage? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, counter to my usual MO, I find myself trying to dislike like this game. Anyone else? I'm hyper critical of design normally, but even so, I TRY to figure out ways to like a game. Not so with High Command. I find myself wanting to hate it.

And I don't. I think. Still working on it I guess.

Right now I have the both Hordemachine starter boxes but nothing else. I can obviously see the benefit that expansions would add to the game, and I see how they might help alleviate my strange compulsion to engender dislike of the system.

BUT, swapping back and forth, or opening both up, stowing both away, is already kind of annoying. I was able to smash the entire original run of Thunderstone and all of its promos, into a single box. I can't figure out a way to do this with High Command. In the miniatures I play Mercs, so, obviously the next starter is of interest as well which would compound the problem.

Has anyone built or rigged a good multi-starter collection storage solution for this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm using go7gaming's LCG-001 inserts for both of my starters. Won't meet your needs because now with all of the expansions, both boxes are full to the point they could never be combined with this insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hadn't seen those before, they look great. I think they'll work fine though because I have no expansions just yet and will probably pick a series and stick with it if I get any at all. They'll fit all three starters easily won't they?

EDIT: Annnd.... they're sold out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Right now I store everything in the same arrangement/order set by the insert template they provided for the original game. So I have every expansion and both the right row and left row are nearly full and the middle row is empty. So the insert could easily work for another 10 expansions or more.

Thought I had a photo, here it is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
One warning - these cards are not sleeved. If you sleeve the cards, I think you need to get their LCG-002 insert instead (PM me).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, I don't sleeve cards. That looks perfect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused here.

First Major Havok says two boxes will be jam packed, but then it sounds like you have one box with everything and room for 10 more expansions.

Also, just to confirm, the LCG-001 insert does work with the Warmachine: High Command box?

Right now, I have Hordes and Warmachine. I don't really have plans for expansions, since I don't want to fiddle with pre-building decks, but I'd rather not lug around both boxes.

Will LCG-001 (or even LCG-002) from Go7 work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Bullwinkle wrote:
First Major Havok says two boxes will be jam packed, but then it sounds like you have one box with everything and room for 10 more expansions.

My photo of just one box with all expansions is just up above in this thread. So I have the exact same setup twice, once for Warmachine and once for Hordes.

Note I have a few intentional gaps as well just so I can see where one faction ends and the next begins and quickly grab what I want. If you didn't have gaps and if you didn't divide everything up with dividers by color, then perhaps you could get everything in one box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So just one insert should work to get both games in one box with no expansions (or even just a couple of them)? Maybe adding the other big box expansion in, down the road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Bullwinkle wrote:
So just one insert should work to get both games in one box with no expansions (or even just a couple of them)? Maybe adding the other big box expansion in, down the road.

As long as you don't use too many dividers, perhaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.