Subject: Kangaroo, Kangaroo "Er guys, aren't you forgetting something?" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hal 2000
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I once introduced my schoolfriends to werewolf. It was played for half the year...

Of course, they got bored of werewolf eventually playing at a rate of 7 games a day (one night) and they are british, or in other words, haven't heard of a board game further than cluedo (clue).

So, two rooms and a boom cropped up. We played one game, immeadiate hit and have played over 360 more games in 60 days since. I am going to recount one of the games here and maybe another called "you do remember there's a mastermind in this game don't you?".

Anyway, we had eight players and the roleset was

President
Bomber
Doctor
Engineer
B kangaroo
R kangaroo
Hot potato
Leprechaun

We started the game with the usual house rule of, if you are finished in your room, you count down from ten to the other room as the time limit, i recieved leprechaun.

The hot potato, not really the smartest guy i know, went around asking for co-reveals until he came to me where, of course, i had to give my card away.

At the end of the round we sent him away. In the other room the next round, he was highly unsuccessful in keeping his leprechaun losing it immeadietly and recieving the doctor. Meanwhile, i keep hold of my hot potato as the president in our room told the bomber who i was. Claiming i was the engineer didn't work. He had done that last round.

Final round then, neither kangaroo activated. I managed to get myself to the other room. I speak to the dumb guy "yeah, i conned the president role out of him, are you the doctor?" To which he replied yes. Co-reveal? Yes. His reply after the co-reveal was one of outrage

Then i realise, "oh crap, the president is in the other room" the engineer laughed along with his cohort, the red kangaroo.

Meanwhile, in the other room, the president had realised the same. He quickly finds the blue kangaroo who was sent over from last round and said "the doctor has to be in that room. Since he (points at new hot potato) was the leprechaun, i'd say he has it"

"10, 9" was the cry from my room

The president told the blue kangaroo to public reveal and stop the countdown

"8"

Who should i send?

"7"

You choose

"6, 5"

Won't the red kangaroo just reverse what we have done?

"4, 3"

We're gonna have to find a way round that

"2"

You co-reveal as soon as he arrives

"1"

I am the blue kangaroo hal, get out.

At this moment, there was shock on the presidents face. I can only imagine him thinking why on earth he did that.

I move to the other room and immeadietly offer a co-reveal which he accepts.

Meanwhile, the engineer has been explain to the red kangaroo to reverse whatsnjust happened.

Too late. He sent me back, we didn't tell him. Everyone else knew.

The engineer realises he's lost and starts counting again,

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5"

President picks himself to leave.

Blues win

We hear someone talking from the corner

"Er guys, you forgot about the leprechaun"

LEPRECHAUN! Damn! We forgot all about the leprechaun. The original doctor, now thne leprechaun continued laughing for a long time at the engineer who had forgotten all about it and could have won.

What a game!

Hal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCoy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw so awesome! Thanks for the badass write-up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the leprachaun and kangaroo roles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Gerding
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Leprechaun: If you are the Leprechaun card at the end of the game, you win. Problem is, you must swap cards if someone asks to card share with you.

Kangaroo: Has the SWITCH-A-ROO power, where you can publicly reveal your card, leave your current room, go to the opposing room, and pick someone to return to your original room for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Small point: room leaders officially aren't allowed to choose themselves as hostages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal 2000
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
Small point: room leaders officially aren't allowed to choose themselves as hostages.

When playing 6p and to save time, there is no point offering ledership to your teammate. It is almost always known who has the majority of 3 people so the majority decides who should be sent. Very rarely to we actually officially elect a leader to the room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.