Hide
1 Posts

Up Front» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User 1
msg tools
Our regular Monday session started with a pre-session of Up Front between Andrew Nick and me, William Field.

Once again, wily old Up Front veteran Andrew devastated me in two rounds of “A Meeting of Patrols.” Andrew played the Russians and I the Germans. The first game was over about 2/3 of the way through the first deck as I learned the hard lesson of the Stream card. Immediately after moving my fire base to range chit one, Andrew played the Stream on them. With no ford card, I played a movement card but failed the check. Andrew then poured devastating fire onto the group from his fire base and a manoeuvre group. With no concealment cards in site and now pinned, my fire base was destroyed in short order. Andrew then moved a 4 man manoeuvre group up to range chit 4 and dropped them into terrain unopposed. A resounding victory!

You would think there was a lesson in game one for me… but NO! In our second go at “A Meeting of Patrols” I played the Germans far more conservatively. I quickly moved my manoeuvre group and dropped them into terrain. Andrew moved his fire base up and I immediately dropped a Stream on them. But Andrew was prepared with a Ford card, eliminating the threat instantly. The battle became fairly stagnant after the initial flurry. I had both groups on a hill at range chit one, pouring fire into the 3 Russian groups, leaving Andrew having to constantly rally troops. I also succeeded in a sniper attack on his Squad Leader. At the beginning of the second deck, I noted that a Stream card was discarded. With only one Stream card available, most of the deck unused and most of the Russian fire base pinned, I finally took a chance and moved my fire base forward off of the hill. On Andrew’s next turn, he once again dropped a stream on the group. After I failed a movement check with the group, Andrew rallied his entire fire base. The game then proceeded exactly as the first one. Another overwhelming victory for Andrew!

My lesson is learned! I’ll never move again without a 3 ford cards, 7 concealment cards and air support! OK, that may be a bit of an exaggeration! Well done Andrew!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.