GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,341 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Avalanche Press Ltd.» Forums » General

Subject: Poor customer service response rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoff Curran
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I have a fuzzy set of Russo Japanese war counters and was trying to find out about Uk distributers to buy Jutland and other games in the UK.

I have sent four emails over a period of weeks, left a message on an answerphone, and even swapped some notes with the game designer, who explained that they were busy, but he would ask them to contact me......Nothing.

I like Avalanche Press games, but have never encountered this level of customer service before anywhere.

How do I actually get a response? Write a registered letter ? Does anyone really have to do that still ?
soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are well known for their non-existent customer support. My advice is to spend your money on another company which respects their customers more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim S.
United States
CA, TX
flag msg tools
designer
See designer's page...
badge
"... one giant leap..."
mbmbmbmbmb
Raxonika wrote:
How do I actually get a response?

Sorry Geoff,

I let this one slip through; I just sent you GeekMail.

You can reach Mike by posting in the APL support thread on Consimworld, he is not active here.

-Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Durso
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Their service is indeed terrible. I had an $150 order from them three years ago that I have been trying to get fulfilled. I emailed them every couple of months looking for answers and tried calling them with no success. I eventually moved and emailed them that I had moved and still wanted my items. I eventually got to the point where I was emailing them once a week. I finally got a response, about a week ago, just an e-mail auto-generated for sending out an order. It had a tracking number, and guess what I found out today? They sent the package to my old address...... I am so pissed I don't know what to do. I doubt I will ever get my order. They could not even be bothered to spend 1 minute to responds to my e-mails...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Durso
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Amazingly they just got in contact with me after I wrote them an email stating that I would be posting negative reviews of the company on the gaming sites I frequent. The individual had the gall to tell me I never gave him an updated address, which I instantly disproved by re-sending the copy of the email indicating change of address. He said that he looked me up on whitepages.com to verify my address.....why did he not just respond to my email to ask if the address was still current? I am so frustrated right now that all I am trying to do is pay a company money to give me their product and they can't even deliver the goods, and then they blame me when they make mistakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Burrell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Order 15 December 2006

I paid $150 in advance for Battles of 1866. Despite subsequent promises I haven't received anything for my money!

I wrote this off to experience and vowed never to buy anything from you I couldn't see in a shop, but hoped recent changes would improve their service.

But...

Order 11 March 2014

I paid $336 up front for four games in development: Burning Tigers, Pusan Perimeter, An Army at Dawn, and Conquest of Ethiopia. I understand that Burning Tigers is available - but where is my copy?

Now Army at Dawn is also available, but no sign of this or Burning Tigers.

I trust this is incompetence rather than fraud, but I'm beginning to have my doubts.

Avalanche Press haven't responded to several emails and I have just about given up. I like their games but when I pay for them I would like to get them, but I don't even receive a reply to my emails asking them what the hell is going on. I can't afford to throw my gaming bucks away and will be sticking to companies that deliver - the excellent GMT Games, MMP and Crtitical Hit all provide excellent service, why cant Avalanche Press?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Orme

Newbury
Berkshire
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ian

I am in a similar situation with an order on 31/1/15 for both Burning Tigers and Eisenborn Ridge which I have still not received.

Both games were shown as being in stock at the time of the order.

I have sent three e mails to the customer service address without response and tried to phone on two occasions but there is no reply and I am simply put through to an ansaphone which is obviously full as I am unable to leave a message on it.

This is the reality of being a Gold club member!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Orme

Newbury
Berkshire
msg tools
mbmbmb
Update

I have received an e mail from Mike today telling me both games have been shipped and apologising for missing the order in January.

This is good news and I am looking forward to playing both games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.