GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

World of Yo-Ho» Forums » General

Subject: Support rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
What phones and OSses are supported? And what versions of those OSses?

All images I have found seem to picture the same iPhones or so, but I'm not going to buy an iPhone to play a board game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
w m
United States
Antioch
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Their web page says iOS and Android are supported, but no OS version is mentioned. I know it's not all the info you're looking for, but I would suspect the game will work with many different phones as long as it has a reasonably up to date OS. That said, one of the reasons I got rid of my previous Android-based phone was due to a lack of available OS upgrades from my carrier (I'm not one to waste time rooting a phone/installing ROMs) so, YMMV. Hopefully, it works out for you. This looks like an interesting mix of cardboard and tech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think this is an awesome idea, but it would be a shame if it only works on a select number of high end models. I have a smartphone, but I'll always buy one of the cheaper ones, I have no use for an expensive one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Hognon
France
flag msg tools
publisher
Hi,

The game runs on iOS and Android.

For iOS, the minimum version is currently iOS 4.3.

For Android, As you said it's not always an easy task to upgrade phone OS, so we'll do our best to support old versions.
One of our Android test devices running the game is a Galaxy S2 with Android 2.3.4 installed on it.

We'll soon update our website regarding these questions.

Regards,
Julien
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
w m
United States
Antioch
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Julien!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Supporting Android 2.3 is very good, there are still many devices running it. Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While on the topic of support what is the life cycle of the app? Can we expect updates for multiple years or will this die after the next major update to an OS? Since I am on iOS I don't have much worry about fragmentation but what are the plans for Android? Will this still be here after iOS 10? I have had several boardgame apps just up and disappear when the developer decided it was too much of a hassle to update for the new OS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You raise valid points!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.