8 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Character sheets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Fox
Japan
flag msg tools
Any advice on character sheets? I'm not sure the ones provided in the Adventure book are ok to start with, book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We use the sheets from the book, but seem to always have to write more down, including contents of our side bags, amount of current grit, current wounds, current (in)sanity.

For items, we list the name of the cards and add an abbreviation for which deck it's in so we can find it before playing the next mission.

And personally I like to see the history of our campaign so I write the name of each Mission we go on, in order, on the back.

It almost seems like no one tried using the sheets to put the game away and come back later. They just assume you have all the tokens you ended with. I'm running multiple games, so we write all the tokens down too so we can put everything away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just use baggies, one per player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:

I think because the Gear and Artifacts you have pulled need to go back to the decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:

Because I'm running four campaigns with different groups so I need to be sure the decks and tokens and cards are available at each session.

When we play, we pull out the necessary cards and tokens, etc. for just that game.

If you're only playing with one group, you certainly could just bag everything for each player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, didn't think about multiple campaigns running.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Fox
Japan
flag msg tools
I'm thinking a traditional RPG-style character sheet might be in order. Especially given all of the exceptions that gear and new powers add to each character. And then there are all of the "one-off" abilities that different town locations can confer on a character that need to be tracked from game to game.

On a side note, one the players in my group suggested making the character ability tree in to cards as a way to keep track of ability progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AF19 wrote:
On a side note, one the players in my group suggested making the character ability tree in to cards as a way to keep track of ability progress.

Great idea!

We're beginning to think a character sheet needs more room (we've found a lot of new items, upgrades, etc.) and a section for "next game effects" would be. Good idea too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.