Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It says, "All Sectors Attack after placing new Aliens. Disregard all Attack Icons on the Alien Troops card (each Sector only attacks once).

I assume the intent here is that all sectors attack only after aliens are placed via the alien troops card, correct?

Taken perhaps over-literally, the card almost suggests that all sectors attack any time new aliens are placed. So if you rolled an alien all sectors attack. If you get ambushed by an alien uncovering debris, all sectors attack, etc. but I'm guess that is not the intention, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Place the aliens and then the Sector attacks automatically.

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Launius wrote:

Place the aliens and then the Sector attacks automatically.

Richard

Thanks. So just to see if I understand correctly, you mean that anytime I place new aliens in a sector, whether by action die, ambush or alien troops card, that section (and only that section) attacks. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

No. This card states that Alien Troop card, so it only applies to the Alien Troops card drawn. All Sectors have the attack arrow.

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh. Ok. All aliens get placed first according to the Aliens Troop card, then all sectors attack.

I think better wording for the card would be: "On next Aliens Troop card, disregard all attack icons. Instead, after placing new aliens, all sectors attack once."

The "On next Aliens Troop card", would help eliminate confusing it with aliens from other sources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

What you discover in the game design business is that there is always better wording depending on who is reading the card.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottgun wrote:
Ahh. Ok. All aliens get placed first according to the Aliens Troop card, then all sectors attack.

I think better wording for the card would be: "On next Aliens Troop card, disregard all attack icons. Instead, after placing new aliens, all sectors attack once."

The "On next Aliens Troop card", would help eliminate confusing it with aliens from other sources.

Yeah, gotta disagree on this one. I felt the card was pretty clear.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.