calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi!

can marines infiltrate in mobile movement phase? i think they cannot, because as leg units they have to spend all their MA to make a infiltration, and in this phase, they have their MA halved. but i need confirmation.

thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Martins
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

I'm just playing my first test game and this is the same conclusion I reached!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also played it as no. There's very little reason to even want to, most of the time, apart from maybe jamming in between two Japanese units to perhaps get another US unit involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
According to standard rules leg units use "all their MA" while mobile units use "half of their printed MA".

This suggest that marine can infiltrate in mobile phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Martins
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
But you also need to pay for the cost of entering the hex! So, half of printed MA, which is what you have available, + whatever to enter the hex, means you can never have enough MP to infiltrate in the mobile phase, from my understanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Whyte
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am playing that they can. My interpretation is that the leg vs mobile distinction in the standard rules does not apply in Iwo (no units, not even the US or Jap tanks, have the mobile symbol in the upper right that the standard rules indicate at the top right of page 2), but that there are simply 2 US movement phases: in the first the US units can move their full (6MP) allowance (unless there's a storm); in the second they can only move half of this (3MP, whether or not there is a storm). In terms of ZOC, all US units can move from EZOC to non-EZOC freely, from non-EZOC to EZOC and must stop; and directly from one EZOC to anoter EZOC and must also stop.
Even with this, it's very hard for the US to win.
I think Iwo has been forcibly retrofitted into the F&M system, without proper editing of the rules: most of the 8 pages of standard rules do not apply or have been modified substantially, but htis is not made explicitly clear in the exclusive rules.
After all, why are leg Marine units considered mobile, while mobile tank units on both sides are not indicated as being mobile?
And if you play (strictly according to rule) that units can move eitherin regular, or mobile movement, but not both, then the US cannot win. There simply aren't enough MP in the game to get him adjacent to all the Jap units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.