GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,912 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Village» Forums » Variants

Subject: What games have matching meeples for a fifth player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Loader
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could use regular meeples but they would feel different in the bag.
So I'm wondering what games have matching meeples so I can try it with 5 players. As our group has 5 more often than 4 players.

Also if you have played with 5, how well does it work with 5 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
The village inn expansion includes matching pieces for a fifth player. It's worth picking up on its own anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Loader
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asmiles wrote:
The village inn expansion includes matching pieces for a fifth player. It's worth picking up on its own anyway.

I know that but I wanted to try it with five players by stealing a few meeples from another game before paying $35 for the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Nakamoto
United States
Montrose
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try The Speicherstadt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bonnyaclyde wrote:
I could use regular meeples but they would feel different in the bag.
So I'm wondering what games have matching meeples so I can try it with 5 players. As our group has 5 more often than 4 players.

Also if you have played with 5, how well does it work with 5 players?

5 players works pretty well. Don't forget you need to add extra spaces in the graveyard and chronicle for 5 players, I think its one extra space for the graveyard and each color except green. Plus find a photo of the cube distrubition card for 5 players so you get the correct number of cubes for the round. You may need extra cubes too. Also you'll need 5 tokens to represent wheat if everyone fills up their farm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dippel
United States
Merrick
NY
flag msg tools
Commentary! The OverText
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really, the expansion is terrific, and we never play without it. It's $28 on Amazon, and you're going to pay $5 plus shipping for meeples, and not have a player board, the right stickers for the meeples so they feel the same in the church bag, etc.

I can't recommend the expansion enough, and I think it's a good deal if you're going to spring for meeples anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Loader
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cdippel71 wrote:
Really, the expansion is terrific, and we never play without it. It's $28 on Amazon, and you're going to pay $5 plus shipping for meeples, and not have a player board, the right stickers for the meeples so they feel the same in the church bag, etc.

I can't recommend the expansion enough, and I think it's a good deal if you're going to spring for meeples anyway.

You must have misunderstood my question. I was asking about games with matching meeples not about buying meeples. I would like to play the full expansion but my question was more regarding meeples I can use to try playing with 5 players and if the game is still decent with 5 players.

To answer my own question:
I have found that power struggle has matching meeples and enough of them for the 5th player (and it is a great game IMO. and cheap to buy). There are plenty of extra # stickers with Village to use. And you can just add the extra grave slots for the 5th player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion also adds additional coins, grain, etc. so the supply is full for the addition of a 5th player, so that is worth noting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Richard K.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bonnyaclyde wrote:

You must have misunderstood my question. I was asking about games with matching meeples not about buying meeples. I would like to play the full expansion but my question was more regarding meeples I can use to try playing with 5 players and if the game is still decent with 5 players.

"Yedo" has similar meeples as far as I know (at least in the german edition).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.