Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

The question's in the title! I'm imaging the potential of a Jurassic Park battle; T-Rex vs. Velocoraptor, both carnivores...but it didn't end well for one of them!

I'm just asking because a) I haven;t got my copy yet, so I can't check, b) because I CAN'T WAIT so I want to know as much as possible, and c) I wondered whether the winner (ie. attacker) would suffer damage from the other carnivore presumably defending itself.

My guess would be they can attack without suffering damage, but i was curious if anyone could confirm/correct?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Weber
Israel
Herzliya
flag msg tools
Carnivore attacks other carnivores the same way they attack everything else. Nothing changes.
The only time a carnivore suffers "damage" (population drop) is if he attacks a species with "Horns".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rotoou wrote:
Carnivore attacks other carnivores the same way they attack everything else. Nothing changes.
The only time a carnivore suffers "damage" (population drop) is if he attacks a species with "Horns".

Thank you kindly for your response. This is how I guessed, but awesome for confirming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rom has it right. You would treat it like a regular attack and it doesn't matter that the defender is a carnivore.

However, if one or both carnivores has Pack Hunting, they may be able to attack each other. In one of my games, both me and my buddy were able to make super carnivores with 6 population and 6 body size and they both had pack hunting. In that round, my carnivore (let's call him Godzilla) attacked his carnivore (let's call him King Kong) so King Kong lost a population and Godzilla got 6 food. Then King Kong attacked Godzilla, also knocking Godzilla down to 5 population. King Kong got 5 food instead of 6 because he only had 5 population left. So, maybe that is the kind of Jurassic Park battle you are hoping for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

Although with Hunting Pack, you could quite easily re-enact something from Walking with Dinosaurs/Jurassic Park...a pack of Raptors finishing off a single much larger T-Rex etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.