Trajan» Forums » Variants

Subject: An unintentional variant (Trajan tile setup)... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
So, I discovered today that I've been playing a variant for this game, by accident.

The rule that tiles are sorted by type is _not_ particularly clear; I had always assumed that all of the 1 VP tiles were together, then all of the 2 VP tiles, and so on. As a result, the legionnaire and worker tiles are distributed in the stacks - but players have an active choice between more points or more pieces.

I'm convinced, looking through the rules, that this is not the intent, but I actually prefer it to the intended rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Paintin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
it says sort them into 6 categories in the setup section and then goes on to define the categories as each point value

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Poplawski
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Meetup.com Victoria German Language Meetup Group
badge
Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil.
mbmbmbmbmb
huber wrote:
The rule that tiles are sorted by type is _not_ particularly clear; I had always assumed that all of the 1 VP tiles were together, then all of the 2 VP tiles, and so on. As a result, the legionnaire and worker tiles are distributed in the stacks - but players have an active choice between more points or more pieces.

I'm convinced, looking through the rules, that this is not the intent, but I actually prefer it to the intended rule.

I made the same assumption in my first play but was corrected by the other players who had played before. The game would have been fine, I think, but the drawback is that there would often be either no military or worker tile option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.