Subject: A few questions part 2... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
1. Allie Hensman, is her goal to sit in the town scare and gain control points? 1 each noon phase?

2. Its only dudes that you can only have 1 out of the same kind (can't be in discard/boothill either)? Everything else is ok? But each dude only 1 horse and 1 weapon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, pretty much. But you also have to defend her or else you lose the tokens.

2. Deeds are also unique by default.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Mike1977 wrote:
2. Its only dudes that you can only have 1 out of the same kind (can't be in discard/boothill either)? Everything else is ok? But each dude only 1 horse and 1 weapon?

David already mentioned that this includes deeds, but to be clear, it doesn't matter if a card's in discard for uniqueness purposes. It only matters if it's in play or in Boot Hill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
bd flory wrote:
Mike1977 wrote:

David already mentioned that this includes deeds, but to be clear, it doesn't matter if a card's in discard for uniqueness purposes. It only matters if it's in play or in Boot Hill.

Just boot hill... right... ty

3.If a dude is a stud (3), and you give him a weapon with +1 draw, what exactly happens?

4.Is your outfit card considered a deed? Can another player take control of it the same way they would a deed?

5.You can move from anywhere to anywhere, not just adjacent areas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike1977 wrote:
3.If a dude is a stud (3), and you give him a weapon with +1 draw, what exactly happens?

4.Is your outfit card considered a deed? Can another player take control of it the same way they would a deed?

There is no such thing as a weapon with +1 Draw. There are only weapons with +1 bullets. They give you +1 of whatever bullet type the Dude already has.

No, your outfit card is not a Deed and cannot be taken control of.

You can move from anywhere to anywhere but you have to boot to do so.

The only time you do NOT boot when moving is:

1. From your own home to an adjacent location (Town Square or one of the two deeds that might exist adjacent to your home)
2. From Town Square to anywhere in town except your own home. Everything is in town unless it specifically says "out of town" on it. The reason why it is "expect your own home" is to prevent an endless movement loop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
more questions

-What is the point of going to your opponents outfit if you can't take it over?

-Ramirez... I think is his name... pay 1 when he joins a posse... Do I need to pay this if he is the leader?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerard Crowe
United Kingdom
Chertsey
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Certain cards allow you to interact with dudes in their own home, an example being Clyde Owens

Yes, Ramirez must pay when he joins as the leader, as per page 21 of the rulebook:

"All dudes added to a posse, including the original leader and the mark (both of whom must be in their respective posse), are said to be joining the posse."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus O'Toole
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike1977 wrote:
more questions

-What is the point of going to your opponents outfit if you can't take it over?

No point unless you have a card effect that you can make use of.
Mike1977 wrote:

-Ramirez... I think is his name... pay 1 when he joins a posse... Do I need to pay this if he is the leader?

Yes, you also need to pay (or discard him) if he accepts being called out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, what?
dboeren wrote:

I thought it would take two moves to get from my street to my opponent's street... One to get to town square, then next turn you could go from town square to the opponent's deed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerard Crowe
United Kingdom
Chertsey
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tarrkid wrote:
Wait, what?
dboeren wrote:

I thought it would take two moves to get from my street to my opponent's street... One to get to town square, then next turn you could go from town square to the opponent's deed.

No, you don't have to move via the Town Square when moving. You can move from any location in play to any other location in play using a single action, but most of the time it will boot you.

Rulebook, page 18:

"As a Noon play you can move one of your unbooted dudes to any other location in play (a deed, a home, or the town square). This always boots a dude, unless you’re making one of the two following special moves..."

So you can move a dude in your street directly to a location in my street, but your dude must boot to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, man... We've been playing it all wrong... Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can move anywhere in one move if you don't mind booting to do so.

The reason to go through Town Square is to get somewhere without booting. This allows you to keep your options open, you can still boot to use an ability, or refuse a callout, etc...

The limit is that Town Square is often dangerous and moving through there COULD get you shot. That is why you don't always go through Town Square, other reasons could include getting there one action faster, or if you have a way to unboot the Dude after he arrives booted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khudzlin
France
flag msg tools
mb
Mike1977 wrote:
Ramirez... I think is his name...

His name is Ramiro Mendoza (you killed his father, prepare to die ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Mike1977 wrote:
1. Allie Hensman, is her goal to sit in the town scare and gain control points? 1 each noon phase?

Yes... if you can keep her alive.

Quote:

Dudes and deeds are unique to you. Things labeled Unique are too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Mike1977 wrote:

The dude is not 4 stud.

Quote:
4.Is your outfit card considered a deed?

No. It is a location, not a deed. Town Square is also a location and not a deed.

Quote:
Can another player take control of it the same way they would a deed?

You always control your home. No one ever controls Town Square.

Quote:

When a dude moves using the Noon action in the rulebook, that dude must boot to do so. Only moves from home to adjacent or from Town Square to adjacent do not require booting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Mike1977 wrote:
What is the point of going to your opponents outfit if you can't take it over?

It is a safer location for you to build up, shielding vulnerable dudes until you are ready to move out. Or you need to move out.

Quote:
Do I need to pay this if he is the leader?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.