GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,221 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Golem Arcana» Forums » General

Subject: Getting a new tablet, want to make sure it supports rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Hendershott
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hi All,

I am thinking of getting the latest galaxy tab 4 7" tablet. It has android 4.4 and bluetooth 4.0

link:
http://www.costco.com/.product.100116866.html?cm_sp=RichRele...|CategoryTopProducts

I think it should work for Golem Arcana.

Has anyone tried this tablet for compatability?

Thanks,

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
While I don't personally know anyone who has tried the 7" tablet, the specs that matter are virtually the same as the larger sized models of the Tab 4, and those I know are tested and confirmed to work fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a Galaxy Tab 4 7" and it runs GA perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ronnie proctor
msg tools
That's exactly what I have and it works perfectly.

I luvs my tablet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
acseric wrote:
Hi All,

I am thinking of getting the latest galaxy tab 4 7" tablet. It has android 4.4 and bluetooth 4.0

link:
http://www.costco.com/.product.100116866.html?cm_sp=RichRele...|CategoryTopProducts

I think it should work for Golem Arcana.

Has anyone tried this tablet for compatability?

Thanks,

Eric

The samsung website delineates that it has Bluetooth 4.0 LE and it definitely has a high enough Android update.

As long as you fully update it when you receive it I doubt there will be any problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Kowbel
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, figured i would piggy back off this thread. Im actually looking into just picking up a nexus 7 for this, my only concern is screen size. I have an iphone 5s, but was looking into a tablet half for school, half for GA.

Can anyone let me know if the 7" works well (can you see everything clearly), because if its still small, i might as well just stick with my phone.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvie Jarriell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a Nexus 7, it works great. I find the text is a good size and easy to read if I turn up the brightness bit (the auto brightness is a little dark for my older eyes). If your worried about the text size, you may want to check out the Android version of Dell Venue 8. If you look through previous posts there was one last week about a code to get $50 off that may still work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hendershott
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
So I got the Samsung galaxy tablet 4 7" and updated it. The tablet sees the bluetooth stylus, but when I enter 0000 as the pin (like it says in the manual) my tablet is unable to pair with it.

Any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
acseric wrote:
So I got the Samsung galaxy tablet 4 7" and updated it. The tablet sees the bluetooth stylus, but when I enter 0000 as the pin (like it says in the manual) my tablet is unable to pair with it.

Any suggestions?

Forgive me for asking, but are you trying to pair the stylus through the tablet's Bluetooth management, or is this directly in the app itself?

My suggestion, if you haven't already tried this, is to start with the Bluetooth turned off on the tablet. Then launch the app, and when it prompts to enable the Bluetooth, go ahead and "Allow". Once you're actually IN the app, you should be able to sync the stylus through Stylus Manager.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mok Taskmaster

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmb
acseric wrote:

Any suggestions?

Yeah, I don't have a tablet yet (was KS backer, just haven't pulled the trigger on a tablet, will be using my Nexus 5 this weekend with my kids as a trial)

I did the same thing, trying to pair the TDI with the device itself failed every time. BUT, pairing inside the app, while not 'simple' and intuitive, worked just fine. I've only paired my 1st TDI, but this weekend I'll see about pairing the 2nd so we don't have to pass it back and forth.

I've been trying to talk myself out of a tablet - if the phone will work I may. BUT, there are a number of 7, 8, and 10 inch android tablets now with both 4.4 and BT 4.0.

Would be nice to have updated place for players to post which tablets do work and which surely don't. Considering the official site isn't being updated with 'approved' devices....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hendershott
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
zesu_shadaban wrote:
acseric wrote:

Any suggestions?

Forgive me for asking, but are you trying to pair the stylus through the tablet's Bluetooth management, or is this directly in the app itself?

My suggestion, if you haven't already tried this, is to start with the Bluetooth turned off on the tablet. Then launch the app, and when it prompts to enable the Bluetooth, go ahead and "Allow". Once you're actually IN the app, you should be able to sync the stylus through Stylus Manager.

Awesome. that did the trick. Working now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Konieczny
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this was yet linked here:

http://golemarcana.com/devices/ - official page with a list of supported devices

Meanwhile, I am sulking having found out that my Asus Transformer Prime is not supported, and likely won't be as it doesn't have the Bluetooth 4 functionality

Now, it doesn't appear all Bluetooth 4 LE (Low Energy) devices are yet green lit. While I cannot find a list of them, for example the gaming-friendly NVIDIA Shield tablet is not one of them. Any idea what other devices will be made to support GA? I am thinking about buying a new tablet and was considering the Shield, but if it doesn't support the GA...

My second option is something from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_series but officially only the Pro is supported. It's rather disappointing that the game developers cannot even update it with other variants, which according to the comments above are supported. Can we create a list of confirmed models that work? I would hate to buy the one which isn't...

One final rant: nothing from the mini-tablet https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Note_series series is officially supported?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's a link to a list of user-tested devices, with notes on a few that are compatible with certain modifications (like using LE Enabler app, or installing OmniROM). The guy who updates this list is VERY particular on what he marks as tested/confirmed, so it's pretty reliable:

http://www.eretsu.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3923

And a list here on bgg.com that was started with folks reporting devices they are currently playing on:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1233698/supported-devices-li...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.