9 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [DECK] Noise/Atman Combo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Welty
msg tools
Hello all,
Before going to a tournament, I would like to share this deck that I developed. I think it still needs work, and I was hoping you guys could help out with that. I've had problems running in the past, and I think this is one of the better decks I have made (untested as of yet, however). My goal with this deck is to use Atman with Datasucker tokens to break through ICE, and then to keep pressuring centrals with Doppleganger, using those free runs to replenish my datasuckers. I think it is weak on the icebreaking though. Any help is appreciated, and here is my deck:

anarch-katman (47 cards)

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire

Hardware (12)
3 Akamatsu Mem Chip * * *
3 Cyberfeeder
3 Doppelganger ** ** **
3 Dyson Mem Chip

Resource (12)
3 Ice Carver
3 Kati Jones
3 Liberated Account
3 Xanadu

Icebreaker (2)
2 Atman *** ***

Program (21)
3 Bishop
3 Datasucker
3 Djinn
3 Medium
3 Nerve Agent
3 Parasite
3 Rook

Total Influence: 15/15
Shaper: 9
Criminal: 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
How will you tutor the Atman in a pinch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yi Sheng Siow
msg tools
you mean natman?

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/8582/natman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Welty
msg tools
xpiredsodapop wrote:
How will you tutor the Atman in a pinch?

I planned on just rapid drawing until I had my Atman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Income is only from Liberated Accounts? No events? Lots of 3 ofs? Should be interesting.

The deck is not only weak on breakers. It's weak on drawing (diesel, quality time, express delivery, wyldside)

Economy (Kati jones, armitage code busting, sure gamble, etc)

Hopefully our resident Anarch experts can give you advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Welty
msg tools
I do have 3x Kati Jones in there, I was hoping my draw with mulligan would either net me my Atman or my Kati Jones. I did take a look at the Natman build, and I think I am going for something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yi Sheng Siow
msg tools
here are some quick thoughts, not so much commenting on the noise/atman thing, but more just on card choices...

if you're trying to hard draw into atman, you want 3 atman for sure.

doppelganger isn't really good.

grimoire solves the memory issue and replaces akamatsu.

dyson mem chips are usually bad.

cyberfeeders are also usually bad.

ice carver messes up your atmans. if you play atman at 4 to get suckers past eli on hq. you draw into carver and can't play it. or you first draw carver, play carver, and set one atman at 3 to get suckers past eli vs NBN. NBN breaking news tag and trash your carver and then the atman can't get suckers. 3 carvers is also too many usually, since they are unique.

xanadu is better when paired with other econ pressure like whiz, reina, siphon, rook, and more parasite action, as well as express delivery/diesel to find and install it asap. 3 xanadu is also pretty extreme for any deck, unless you are heavy on econ denial, since it's also unique. rook is also in this category.

bishop is mainly dead without atman, and it's not that amazing even with atman.

nerve agent is usually bad because it's expensive(even if you're noise), 3 is also too many. single access runs and/or legwork are preferable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris W
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is this a Noise-deck when you have a lot of cards that synergize with Reina (Rook, Xanadu)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
doppelganger isn't really good.

dyson mem chips are usually bad.

cyberfeeders are also usually bad.

nerve agent is usually bad

Feedback like this is bad.

Mainly because you need to explain yourself. You are entitled to your opinions, but give some reasoning for it and offer some alternatives.

I just plain disagree with your comment on Nerve Agent. It's excellent in-faction HQ pressure, and I can't begin to understand how you think it is expensive. I guess the deciding factor is whether you want surprise or continual pressure. Run events provide the former, Nerve Agent does better at the latter.

I think this deck suffers from trying to do too many things and will end up not doing any of them well. All the Caissa beg for Deep Red and Reina, but those don't seem key for Atman. I concur about Ice Carver and Xanadu. Trade them out for some card draw and consistency for Atman. Knight is a solid inclusion, but I might consider dropping all the other Caissa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.