Andreas Artdicted
Greece
Athens
Kallithea
flag msg tools
badge
ΓΙΑ ΤΑ ΚΑΣΚΟΛ ΠΟΥ ΕΧΟΥΝ ΠΑΛΙΩΣΕΙ...ΚΑΙ ΓΙΑ ΤΗΝ ΤΡΕΛΑ ΠΟΥ ΠΟΤΕ ΔΕΝ ΘΑ ΤΕΛΕΙΩΣΕΙ
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all congrats about this great game. Especially this expansion adds so many beautiful things that work great. And it boosts very high the 2 player experience.

My question now.

In 2 player game if a player did not take a licence card in the auction phase (even if he made a bid) he draws two boat cards from the supply.
If you play with the gone fishin cards you also take one gone fishin card.

Isn't that too much?

I ask just to ensure that i didn't miss a rule somewhere that you have to decide one of those options. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, here's my opinion. They are Bay Cards so they are optional, and I believe they were added to help out newer players.

Overall, I would say if you feel they are too much, don't include them, as it won't break the game. Again, they are optional. Of course, in a 3+ player game, they may be more helpful since in 2-player games you do get the draw 2 cards option that you don't in 3+.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, if playing the 2p variant then we would recommend you do not use Gone Fishing.
The variant was created to be able to be played with just the base game as well as with FAB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.