GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,720 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Can't Stop» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Can't Stop the demo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Grantz
United States
Bel Aire
Kansas
flag msg tools
publisher
http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/gallerist-the/
badge
US Sales Manager for Eagle-Gryphon Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday, September 5th, I ran a demo of the Sid Sackson classic Can't Stop for Eagle & Gryphon Games! Being a big Sackson fan, I think this game is the best push-your-luck game even by today's standards.

Normally, this game is played with 2-4 players, but since I had the orange and black expansion cones we played a 6 player game. Three of the players commented that they have never played can't stop before. In good conscience, I could't let those guys go any longer without getting to play this wonderful game!

For this session, I was joined by August, James, Tammy, Ronnie, and Mike. This was the first time I've played the game where all players took the name of the game to heart. They literally could not stop. August went first and busted. Then James, who with a little bit of peer pressure from August and I, just kept on rolling and just like that he had made it to the top of the 4 and 8 columns and had a pretty good lead on the 10 before stopping.

Feeling the pressure, we all felt like we had to push our luck to catch up! We all kept pushing farther up and with that one unlucky roll, all of our progress was gone.

Mike was able to stop and claim some low spots on the 9 and 10. However, it was James' turn again and he pulled off the victory with some lucky rolls giving him the 10 spot and the win! Everyone had a great time, and I'm glad I got to introduce this classic to some new gamers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.