United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
For Episode 10, we want to know what puts you on a tilt in a game, what mistakes you make when you are on a tilt, and how you get back on track. Either in general terms, or a specific story. We'll discuss the most interesting replies on Episode 10!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Paterson
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
flag msg tools
I think my classic 'mind dungeon' (trademark pending) moves are:

Having to put an NAPD or Fetal back because I didn't click for a credit or two first, nothing is more annoying!

My other classic is forgetting to trash key resources when my opponent is tagged and then realising half way through the game that I could have put the runner in an economic pit.

The most common mind dungeon moment though is agenda flood in a tournament, if it happens early, I can easily tilt the next couple of rounds out of annoyance alone. Always happens at the worst possible times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Malette
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I kind of tilt randomly when I'm taken really off guard...

I think what probably puts me most on tilt though is when my opponent sneaks an unguarded agenda through on the table. I start to get super nervous about every remote. Then if they get me with a trap I often get kind of analysis paralysis... Though I usually just start exclusively going after centrals to compensate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
I don't know if it's "full tilt," but I have witnessed a thing I do: I draw because I'm unhappy. I draw because I feel like all my other options are crap, so maybe I'll draw into something good. But it's not always the right thing to do. Sometimes I don't even know what I'm drawing for, which is a big sign I probably shouldn't be doing it! But it's definitely something I do when I just look the board and go, "ugh, this is wretched."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Losing games I feel like I should win puts me on tilt. I don't think I'm the best player in the world, but I know I'm pretty damn good. When I'm up 6-0 and lose I get frustrated and go on tilt for sure. This only happened 1 time at Gencon, and it was my last game after 12 rounds. In a recent tournament, this happened against Jinteki PE early in the tournament and I felt it the rest of the event.

Not that it has to do with "tilt", but I feel like I randomly lose games I feel I should win against Jinteki PE than against all the other ID's combined. NEH has some of that because they can just fast advance out and win, but it's harder for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
The things that put me most on tilt are my own obvious mistakes. Through years of playing various card games, I've formed a habit of drawing at the start of my turn. While this is a great habit to ensure I don't forget to draw, it's substantially less great when I'm forced to use my first click drawing as a runner when I wanted to use it for something else (Say, a crucial play against Replicating Perfection and Eli on a remote)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Malette
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Zebadiah wrote:
The things that put me most on tilt are my own obvious mistakes. Through years of playing various card games, I've formed a habit of drawing at the start of my turn. While this is a great habit to ensure I don't forget to draw, it's substantially less great when I'm forced to use my first click drawing as a runner when I wanted to use it for something else (Say, a crucial play against Replicating Perfection and Eli on a remote)

Haha sounds like you should just use Wyldeside and make the best of a habit that dies hard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Screwing up, or getting screwed, in a previous game. Especially in tournament play; I need more practice at letting go, at not dwelling on previous games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisha Holloway
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I'm playing Corp and the Runner gets lucky on random accesses. 2 or 3 agendas in quick succession from R&D or HQ rattles me for sure. Recently I played a game where Noise insta-killed my Rototurret with a Parasite and ran through an HQ that was 100% agendas.shake
Getting agenda-flooded is another thing that shakes me up as Corp, so I'm trying to learn to stay cool instead of freaking out trying to get agendas out of my hand only to have them stolen.

As runner, when I'm broke and the Corp has a lot of money and unrezzed ICE I start to sweat. Also, any game against Jinteki is unnerving. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Burkhead
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
At the Philly Regionals I was on my last game of Swiss. I was playing kit, and RP. Going into it I knew I was in a bad way. Win or lose I was sure I was out of it. I ran first that game and my opponent was playing Jinteki. I threw all cation to the wind and started hammering him like a madman. I threw him completely off his game. I could tell no one had ever been completely unafraid of his deck before. I kept neutering his traps with well timed vamps. He muno shin'ed something on his turn and I same old thing account syphoned him to less than 3 credits, ran face first into a fetal Ai. With 1 card in hand. Id been playing for hours and It wasn't until after we scouped I remembered I had the shaper hardware in play and the credits both to prevent enough damage and score the bloody agenda. I was cussing my whole ride home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.